F1 197 - Frenchie

Sorry to hear about the problems Mark, not what you needed! Unfortunately, the calipers (especially the rear ones) are a weak point if they are neglected and not regularly serviced (stripped down, cleaned and greased)... It's a shame that you've had to fork out for a whole new caliper!!

It would appear so! Absolutely gutted! Couldn't believe it when we found out its seized! Hey ho, such is life! New calliper is due Tuesday! Brand new!

These cars bite you in ass when not expecting. Hope you get calliper sorted

It's taken one big chunk out my ass! Struggling to stay motivated on this car, however, I'm not letting it beat me! Tuesday I'm hoping!

Ok - so not a desperate problem....but definitely a soft-spot of 197's / 200's.

Still - by Tuesday it will be firmly under your belt and behind you.

**A good time to strip, clean and lube-up the other calipers at this stage ?

Ok - so not a desperate problem....but definitely a soft-spot of 197's / 200's.

Still - by Tuesday it will be firmly under your belt and behind you.

**A good time to strip, clean and lube-up the other calipers at this stage ?

A valid point!! I made sure the o/s/r was nicely greased up! I will revisit the ns this Tuesday as I've left my car at my friends unit! The fronts seem well looked after. It's just had new disks put on before I bought it

Reactions: sevenfourate
Mine had new discs and pads put on before collecting when i bought it too. Shame they hadn't actually freed of the sticking piston though....... (Rear).

The fact its had new discs on the front means **nothing** in my book.

There's only one way to be sure....... :smile:

It would appear so! Absolutely gutted! Couldn't believe it when we found out its seized! Hey ho, such is life! New calliper is due Tuesday! Brand new!
Stay with it! It's only money, time, stress etc...

It's taken one big chunk out my ass! Struggling to stay motivated on this car, however, I'm not letting it beat me! Tuesday I'm hoping!

Don't give up on her!! You might well come across other things that try your patience, but you just have to get through it! They are hard cars to fall out of love with!

Mine had new discs and pads put on before collecting when i bought it too. Shame they hadn't actually freed of the sticking piston though....... (Rear).

The fact its had new discs on the front means **nothing** in my book.

There's only one way to be sure....... :smile:

Very true! I'll visit it on Tuesday!
Don't give up on her!! You might well come across other things that try your patience, but you just have to get through it! They are hard cars to fall out of love with!

I'm trying haha! I just don't need it right now as I have a gearbox to save for

So after much worry... my caliper turned up. I cannot tell you how excited I am to get my car back!

I've painted my nails especially, ready for my date night with the car!

New caliper - it looks so tasty!
lH4Aa8x.jpg

Reactions: sevenfourate
Good to hear the caliper has turned up and you can get behind the wheel again!

**really not sure whether or not you're joking about the nails :smiley::smiley:

Nice F1, Good choice on colour :wink: I had both my rear calipers seize up on mine, very common fault! What other plans you got for it?

Good to hear the caliper has turned up and you can get behind the wheel again!

**really not sure whether or not you're joking about the nails :smiley::smiley:

Oh my first drive was amazing!!! loved it! After driving my friend Citroen Berlingo around, my car feels brand new haha! Brakes are working about 90% - didn't have a bleed kit, so they need re-bleeding but still - awesome! The nails are my partners :wink: ha!

Nice F1, Good choice on colour :wink: I had both my rear calipers seize up on mine, very common fault! What other plans you got for it?

I thought so too :wink: Ouch! How much did you get charged for both? I should probably read up on common faults on this car, so I have no more surprises haha!

KTR Induction kit
New alloys
Lowering springs
Headlight washer deletes
Front splitter
Sideskirts
Cup spoiler
Spraying the central door strips black
Spraying rear badge black
Re-trimmed steering wheel

Lots to do :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
^^^^BIG plans ! Sounds good.

When you say "Spraying rear badge black "......you do know theres a stick-over badge available in Black / Carbon Fibre finish.......that's what most people are using.

^^^^BIG plans ! Sounds good.

When you say "Spraying rear badge black "......you do know theres a stick-over badge available in Black / Carbon Fibre finish.......that's what most people are using.

Want to make it look like a road race car. I do! My friend is a sprayer, so I get them done nice and cheap :smile:

Oh my first drive was amazing!!! loved it! After driving my friend Citroen Berlingo around, my car feels brand new haha! Brakes are working about 90% - didn't have a bleed kit, so they need re-bleeding but still - awesome! The nails are my partners :wink: ha!

I thought so too :wink: Ouch! How much did you get charged for both? I should probably read up on common faults on this car, so I have no more surprises haha!

KTR Induction kit
New alloys
Lowering springs
Headlight washer deletes
Front splitter
Sideskirts
Cup spoiler
Spraying the central door strips black
Spraying rear badge black
Re-trimmed steering wheel

Lots to do :smile:

Ah nice list, a lot is on my to-do aswell :') A set of H&R go well with the F1 strings, running that in mine, just need a decent offset alloy to fill it out :smiley: I got my wheel done at royal steering wheels, top job!

Ah nice list, a lot is on my to-do aswell :') A set of H&R go well with the F1 strings, running that in mine, just need a decent offset alloy to fill it out :smiley: I got my wheel done at royal steering wheels, top job!

I'll have to give them a gander! It desperately needs doing, it peels everyday haha!

Also, how many pennies did it cost?