F1 197 - Frenchie

From memory it was £110 and he takes your old one in exchange. But you can have different materials like leather, perforated leather and alcantara. A replacement wheel from renault is £170 the last time i looked

Have you got a picture of yours?

The steering wheel looks great! Tempted to get mine done now, is it an easy job to swap over ? (I'm a novice when it comes to using tools)
That looks brilliant mate! I'm definitely going there! Leather with alacantra with white stitching i'm guessing?

Thanks! I think it was worth every penny. I went to him and he fitted it for me. But I'm pretty sure you just have to disconnect the battery then remove the airbag.

Mines perforated leather for the main grip, then alcantara top and bottom, red marker and it's silver stitching to match the car :smile:

Thanks! I think it was worth every penny. I went to him and he fitted it for me. But I'm pretty sure you just have to disconnect the battery then remove the airbag.

Mines perforated leather for the main grip, then alcantara top and bottom, red marker and it's silver stitching to match the car :smile:

Absolutely! It makes it look like a different wheel completely! Yeah you have to disconnect one of the cables going to your battery, nobody wants the bag going off premature haha! I may follow suit until the stitching and marker :wink: If you don't mind :smile:

Now then guys, not really much of an update. Cars still mobile even though syncro has gone pretty much. I thought a good chance to take a picture of a Recaro in a Recaro :wink:

u73IaRu.jpg

I've managed to raise the money for my gearbox. It's £350 for syncro replaced or £700 for full box reconditioned/repaired!

MOT is this Friday coming. So if all is well, my box will be repaired early stages of December!

Now then guys, not really much of an update. Cars still mobile even though syncro has gone pretty much. I thought a good chance to take a picture of a Recaro in a Recaro :wink:

u73IaRu.jpg

I've managed to raise the money for my gearbox. It's £350 for syncro replaced or £700 for full box reconditioned/repaired!

MOT is this Friday coming. So if all is well, my box will be repaired early stages of December!

Where are those prices at buddy ?

Are both including gear-box removal and re-fitting ?

Lol @ Recaro in Recaro.

It's @Wallis Engineering in Hull and yep, that's including all labour charges too!
Bloody hell they are unbelievable prices. I've been ringing round down south and will not see change from a grand for box out, 2 synchros repaired and re fit box!

Bloody hell they are unbelievable prices. I've been ringing round down south and will not see change from a grand for box out, 2 synchros repaired and re fit box!

I take it you'll be delivering your car to Hull at some point :wink: he looks at your clutch to and let's you know if it's okay!

Reactions: Big Ben
Lovely car, I am loving the Recaro on a Recaro (Recaro-ception?)
A shame about the gearbox, hopefully it is sorted quickly :smile:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but maybe worth contacting these guys: http://drivertransmissions.co.uk/
Guy at work his E90 BMW manual gearbox decided it didn't want to be a gearbox, he got it from his home to Oxford and fixed for a really price (in comparison to anyone else), I have had many mates use them with good experience, a bit closer than Hull lol.

Just a quick update.

Cars passed MOT. Few advisories. Nothing major, a cheap fix.

Secondly, cars in for a new syncromesh on 4th. It was completely shot! I had a phone call from the garage. Clutch had gone too! So all in all a new 4th gear & a new clutch. It came to £666 and I get my car back on Wednesday/Thursday!

Just a quick update.

Secondly, cars in for a new syncromesh on 4th. It was completely shot! I had a phone call from the garage. Clutch had gone too! So all in all a new 4th gear & a new clutch. It came to £666 and I get my car back on Wednesday/Thursday!

666 the number of the beast!

Reactions: MarkTeamF1
Ha. Loving the price.

Hope you're hanging on in there. You'll get your car back and it will feel great. A few drives will remind you why you bought it.

Just a quick update.

£666 for gearbox refurb and new clutch a great price. Whereabouts you based?

Reactions: sevenfourate
Ha. Loving the price.

Hope you're hanging on in there. You'll get your car back and it will feel great. A few drives will remind you why you bought it.

Absolutely fantastic first drive! Responsive, sharp & quick, best of all... no crunching!
£666 for gearbox refurb and new clutch a great price. Whereabouts you based?

In Hull bud. It took him two days to get it back to me too! Absolutely over the moon!

Here's what caused the crunchiness. There's no visual faults with it. Stumped!

e0vxpnS.jpg

I took an opportunity to clean my car, while I'm off work and what not.

It took me a good 3 hours, but by god does it shine!

Kd6H7ZR.jpg
CaDZ9ux.jpg
hiJRCAV.jpg

I used a variety of things:
Meguires Gold Glass Shampoo
Autoglym Fast Glass
Poorboys Diamond White polish
Angelwax Ti-22 sealant
Fusso King of Gloss
Meguires exhaust polish
Demonshine Wet Look tyres.