F1 season 2018 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
german tv puts the blame 60/40 on verstappen ...
weaving in the braking zone.

Ha. KNEW the other would be Max!

From the onboard he didn’t move once braking. Replayed it loads of times. Honestly think Max was totally fair. Hard sure. But fair.

And I loved their battle. That’s what I want to see. Evenly matched drivers and cars. Wheel to wheel combat. Both amazing on the brakes. Really loved it!

love a battle as much as you do, mes. just think they handed it on plate to the red and silver cars today. they had the long run pace to really challenge them.

don't think max was at fault today and i can't blame ricc for trying. happens when racing hard.

Reactions: ///M
love a battle as much as you do, mes. just think they handed it on plate to the red and silver cars today. they had the long run pace to really challenge them.

don't think max was at fault today and i can't blame ricc for trying. happens when racing hard.

The way I see it Peter, if Merc and Ferrari had team mates that could go at each other like the RB guys do, F1 would be AMAZING!

:smiley:

Reactions: M19TNR and peter
I’ve avoided this thread ALL DAY [emoji23] haha

Finally managed to finish watching it! What a race!!

Was well out my seat when Seb overbraked... then again with Bottas’s puncture!

Redbull were brilliant to watch, and hope they don’t change a thing! Obviously they will, but I just hope they don’t haha.

Great to see Sainz up there too! Some top racing at the beginning with the RB’s from the factory team too.

Overall... loved Baku from practise to last lap! Modern age Monaco, and to be honest, how Monaco SHOULD BE!

Watched the whole race last night after being out all day.

- Have to disagree with both of you @peter @///M - Max clearly moved right and then left, which is two moves and therefore not allowed. He has a history of weaving when being passed and although I agree that Danny Ric was going to have someone move over on him soon or later, I also think Max got what has been coming to him too.
Max and Danny Ric should never have been in that position anyway. Once again Horner has shown he cannot handle giving his drivers orders. He should have had Max let Danny Ric through ages before the crash as DR was clearly faster and could have challenged for at least a podium. Horner has to take some of the blame for what happened as DR should have been way up the road.

- Grosjean - wtf were you doing? Radio call of the day - 'Erikson hit us'. He was a mile behind you, you numpty!
- Bottas - I must be the only one who didn't get sentimental when his tyre went. If he was capable of sustaining a title attempt then I'd feel sorry for him, but the title is clearly between Vettel and Hamilton so the more points I see Hamilton get, the better.

- Vettel - great to see him choke again. The 'correct' Merc was in front of him so he had zero need to make that move, so no idea what he was thinking.

- Stewarding - how many Safety Car laps does it take to clear some debris? Jesus Christ. And yet they think it's acceptable to take cars past a lorry at 100mph+! Moronic, and once again a demonstration that F1 stewarding is unfit for purpose.

@Sean197 watch the onboard from Max’s car mate. Look how much the steering wheel moves once he starts braking.

You can hear very clearly when he lifts off. And you can see very clearly how much he turns the wheel.

To be honest, I’m not really that fussed. I’m just happy to see DR finally come unstuck from one of his do or die moves. Was bound to happen eventually.

@Sean197 watch the onboard from Max’s car mate. Look how much the steering wheel moves once he starts braking.

You can hear very clearly when he lifts off. And you can see very clearly how much he turns the wheel.

To be honest, I’m not really that fussed. I’m just happy to see DR finally come unstuck from one of his do or die moves. Was bound to happen eventually.

yeah he only turns it a little, but when you see him parked up it's only half a turn to full lock so although I agree he only moves a little, he does move. So for me he rightly took some of the blame from the stewards.

Reactions: Johnny 99
yeah he only turns it a little, but when you see him parked up it's only half a turn to full lock so although I agree he only moves a little, he does move. So for me he rightly took some of the blame from the stewards.

Was there an inquiry? I went out immediately after the race so didn't see any post race stuff.

Personally, I agree it was borderline but that's just Max all over at the end of the day. But honestly, for me the bottom line is with DR and his do or die moves. As I said earlier, one day someone is going to block him and he won't be able to back out of it. It happened.

Either way, really enjoyed their battles all afternoon.

Grosjean, the bloke is just an idiot.

Vettel, just hilarious. Don't even know what he was thinking. Yet another red mist incident.

Some really great drives in Baku. Perez, Leclerc, Alonso and Kimi all drove superbly.

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole race and was stood up shouting at the screen for the first time in ages. Amazing that Lewis comes out of it in the lead of the championship too.

@///M - http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...rimanded-for-all-red-bull-azerbaijan-gp-crash

'Both drivers contributed to the collision. The driver of car 33 made two moves, both of which were relatively minor.

'The driver of car 3 [Ricciardo] admitted he left his move to overtake on the left, too late. It was obvious to the stewards that although the incident had its origins in the moves by car 33, the driver of car 3 also contributed to the incident.

'Both drivers expressed regret about their respective contributions to the incident, during the Stewards' hearing.'

Thanks mate.

The main factor here for me though is DR and his pass or crash moves. It's about time something like this happened and I'm glad it has. Let's see if it takes the edge off him a bit. He's been far too cocky about "throwing one up the inside" for a while!

There's another silver lining in all this too and that's Horner having kittens. Always fun to watch.

It's gonna be pretty spicy there for the rest of the season huh? Can't wait! Bring on Spain with more of the same please!

A guy in our office is convinced Kimi is going to win it this year. I'd laugh my head off if that was how it panned out!

Reactions: Sean197
Thanks mate.

The main factor here for me though is DR and his pass or crash moves. It's about time something like this happened and I'm glad it has. Let's see if it takes the edge off him a bit. He's been far too cocky about "throwing one up the inside" for a while!

There's another silver lining in all this too and that's Horner having kittens. Always fun to watch.

It's gonna be pretty spicy there for the rest of the season huh? Can't wait! Bring on Spain with more of the same please!

A guy in our office is convinced Kimi is going to win it this year. I'd laugh my head off if that was how it panned out!

Oh I really hope it doesn’t... I can’t stand either VB or KR.

I know it’s just their way, but that drone and no emotion just annoys the hell out of me!
Also can’t stand MV for some reason haha.

Personally, I’m obviously a Hamilton fan, but I also quite like Seb and DR.

So definitely excited for what’s to come [emoji1305]

Reactions: ///M and Sean197

I know it’s just their way, but that drone and no emotion just annoys the hell out of me!

Never understood the love for Kimi, always thought he's a prick. To see a word champion being so content to play lackey to Vettel is embarrassing.

Thanks mate.

I've got as much chance of winning the title as Kimi, Vettel would never let it happen.
I agree DR was always going to find someone who blocked his move, personally I'm glad it was his team-mate as I cant stand him, his dad, or his team. 4 incidents in 4 races, if he doesn't start learning then people will being to catch on and start attacking him in the hope he makes an error.

Reactions: peter and ///M

I'd be thrilled about it but only because of my strong dislike of Vettel. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DR I always liked up until his "save it" and throwing his team under a bus in Monaco. Man up and put your big bottom lip away!

I've got as much chance of winning the title as Kimi, Vettel would never let it happen.
I agree DR was always going to find someone who blocked his move, personally I'm glad it was his team-mate as I cant stand him, his dad, or his team. 4 incidents in 4 races, if he doesn't start learning then people will being to catch on and start attacking him in the hope he makes an error.

Hahahahahahahaha. Mate, I'd really love it if you won too! Anyone but Pettel.

And yeah, Max... not a fan of him outside of the car at all but he's certainly brought some excitement to the sport, even if it's just watching him being a bit nuts!

Incidentally, watched a few of the Classic Le Mans on Motorsport TV over the weekend. 1992 and 1995. JJ Lehto's night stint in the rain in the McLaren F1 was awesome, at times 30 secs quicker per lap than others. Also my all-time favourite car.

1992 - Group C1 - basically Group C/Prototypes with 3.5ltr V8 F1 engines. The Peugeot 905 1b is awesome, and what a noise too!

5c0fa253e08776d82451f01b059bd23a.jpg

I really think the FIA/ACO are missing a trick here - the Porsche 918 EVO tribute car is an example of what can be done with these LMP cars. Make them as fast/faster than F1 cars and also more relevant to manufacturers (hybrid systems which have no restrictions), and I'm sure manufacturers could be tempted away from F1. F1 regs are so restricted that it's slowly turning into NASCAR.
I'd be interested to see what an LMP1 car with a 1.6ltr V6 F1 engine could do, with an unrestricted hybrid system.

Reactions: peter
Sean, LOVED that Peugeot. Golden era for me. Those cars were amazing.

Motorsport TV is killing it with all the Le Mans re-runs. McNish's presenting is hilarious too to add a bit of fun in the mix!

Reactions: Sean197
Side stepping slightly....

Anyone else look at the Alonso crash abit differently than the commentators?

TO ME, it looked as though Hulkenburg tapped Sirotkin as he went past, who then went into Alonso?

I’ll have a look later for the highlight, but it just looked as though he got knocked into alonso, rather than just outright hit him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions