Future 197 Owner..

Hello everyone, My names Allan, and stay in Scotland, atm im 20 and looking for a tidy 197 in a couple of months, but doing my research and looking out for bits and bobs to do to it before i buy one, my first car was a clio, 1.2 mk2 ph2, and the only car i have owned to not give me any grief or hassle, atm i own a VW polo, so that will be stripped down to fund the 197.

My first Car..
Untitled-1_zps395822fb.jpg

And my current car..
IMG_7409_zpsbbb71c57.jpg

Now sits lower, spec wise

basic 1.4 8v
Rayvern 2-Way air ride suspension
BBS RM 2 piece splits, radinox lips, gold bolts, metal hex caps and genuine domed badges
RX8 Leather electric heated front seats
Rear Seats removed
Shortened front struts
S/S decat exhaust
False floor rear with new air tank theme soon
Fresh paint at the end of this month with a few new parts smoothed..

Go easy on me, will be taking the car to a couple shows, then it will be up for sale, if no sale then it will be split and the 197 will be bought.

It's worth paying the £5 and having full benefit to the sites hidden sections and cars for sale :smile: you'll get all the info you need on here as a paid member, site just had a freshen up too, so everything is easy to find

Welcome along.

As for the Polo think about the money your about to spend? Will you get it back when you sell as if not there's no point in doing the work (paint). Best saved and put towards the 197.

Welcome!

I was going to say the same as Paddy - if you soon looking to get a 197, is it not worth putting the money towards that rather than putting it into a car you are about to sell?

Just a thought..but what ever you decide, good luck with your search!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Welcome!

I was going to say the same as Paddy - if you soon looking to get a 197, is it not worth putting the money towards that rather than putting it into a car you are about to sell?

Just a thought..but what ever you decide, good luck with your search!

To sell the car it really will need painted though, front arches are flaking, rear arches are flaking front bumper has scratches, fronmet has lacquer lifting due to a front full face mask, only damage I caused was the rear arches to get the car sitting right . And thankfully I have a friend who's uncle is my painter so it all gets done at a good price .

Welcome along matey, as others have said there's plenty of good info to be had on here.

If you need any help just shout.