GTA V anyone?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgTz8l2vsbs&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
hmmm I'm honestly not sure, the last ones have let me down a little. I'd love for it to be great and to get back in to the series but they're so long winded these days...

I love all the GTA tittles, they're just so easy to pick up and play, whether you have 30 minutes or 3 hours. Which is great for me. When is it released?

Expect sometime in 2012.

I love these games and I'm glad they moved away from being too silly (Saints Row). Loved the look and feel of GTA IV, although I could have done without all that relationship stuff.

Seeing all the previous characters again would be very good.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/880577-grand-theft-auto-v-trailer-analysed-release-date-is-may-24

The trailer for Grand Theft Auto V was released on Wednesday at 4pm and as you can imagine that's been more than enough time for the Internet to dissect it frame-by-frame. Not only has this turned up hints about in-game features but also a number of character cameos from the previous games.

One of the most intriguing suggestions, popularised by websites such as NeoGAF, is that the trailer actually includes confirmation of the release date. Take a look at the screenshot below through the eyes of a fan desperate for information and it says simply: 'For Sale 2405'.
In America the month comes before the day when talking about dates, but developer Rockstar North are British and we do it the other way round. So does that mean the game will be out on 24th? And if it does is that 24th May 2012?

That's certainly right in the same April/May period that most of Rockstar's games are usually released. And, perhaps not by coincidence, the song in the trailer - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake by British band Small Face - was released as an LP on May 24, 1968.

The problem with this theory though is that May 24, 2012 is a Thursday and in America video games are normally released on a Tuesday. Of course exceptions can be made, especially for a game as big as this, but it would be unusual.

Grand Theft Auto V - is that really the release date on the pavement?
Most early speculation about the trailer though centred on who the main character is, with the assumption being it's the narrator who seems to be talking about retiring to Los Santos (the game's fictional version of Los Angeles). Opinions vary as to his accent and whether he's the same older looking guy from the image above and who also seems to be taking part in the jewellery store robbery in the trailer.

The alternative theory for the identity of the besuited man is Vice City protagonist Tommy Vercetti, although it's already been confirmed that the voice actor in the trailer isn't Ray Liotta. The homeless guy holding a sign also seems to have the same taste in clothing as Grand Theft Auto IV lead Niko Bellic, so are they one and the same? And is that San Andreas' CJ running from police towards the end?

Whether fans are reading too much into all this we'll have to wait and see but what can be discerned from the trailer is that the game seems to be set in the present day (or perhaps slightly beyond it, as in GTA 2) and that it contains new features such as animals, specifically pet dogs, and convertible cars.
The large mountain and numerous shots of the countryside are also clear signs that the game won't just be set in the city - although whether there are other large cities to explore outside of Los Santos, as there was in San Andreas, is perhaps the biggest outstanding question about the game.
The numerous references to body-building may also hint that the pseudo role-playing elements from San Andreas are returning, while the buying - and foreclosing - of homes suggests that you'll also be able to acquire property again.

Officially Rockstar hasn't said a single thing about the game. Despite the trailer they've not released any press release and we have no idea when they'll reveal more information. Until then feel free to speculate some more in the comments section and by writing into the Inbox.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/880577-grand-theft-auto-v-trailer-analysed-release-date-is-may-24#ixzz1cddvu6ut

Really am looking forward to getting this. I'm always excited to get the latest GTA and V looks like it's going to be another great game. Makes me want to get out GTA IV and have a little play!

I'll be pre-ordering this for sure!

love all gta games although san-andreas did let me down a little. My fav is and probably always will be vice city!

Love GTA can't wait for this!!
Always loved San Andreas wasn't so keen on GTA 4 but hopefully this will be great, as Arran said its a great pick up and play game!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X85RSFrank Clio General Chat 5
Stevoox General Chat 3
Deaks Gaming & Consoles 157
Stevoox Gaming & Consoles 8
Webby Latest Technology 9