Heater Resistor Pack.

MarkTeamF1

POTM Winner - March 2017
Now then guys/gals.

My heaters do not work on 3 & 4. Pretty sure its not the motor as it wouldn't work on the first two, so my question to you more experienced than I, where is the resistor pack kept within the car?

Also is this the right unit to buy?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262236568610?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Information seems so scarce, I'm struggling to find locations to where it is and how to fix, I've found ones that require looms and then the one that I've linked to you. Apparently there's one behind the glovebox but there's also other sources that suggest it's under the tray kept under the windscreen.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

there is two types one for climate control and one for manual control why not renew your £5 subscription and you will have access to the how to section.

Reactions: sevenfourate
there is two types one for climate control and one for manual control why not renew your £5 subscription and you will have access to the how to section.

I've never actually bought paid membership haha! What's the difference between both? Or can't you say because I have to pay?

Is there not a topic on removing the glove box which is needed to work on the resistor pack. How far are you along to finding out what's wrong, it's a good forum but not a magic one let us know you need to remove it and eyeball what the problem is you will need a Torx 20 to remove the screws. Here is the glove box How To
http://clio197.net/threads/how-to-remove-the-glove-box-updated-with-pics.52807/#post-582306
You haven't told us what system you have manual heater knobs on the dash, climate control digital display on dash?
The problem with most forums is that you know what you got but unless you let us know or show pictures we don't know and there is not point me talking about one thing when you have the other right now.

My manual resistor pack I have lost No.4 fan speed only it was fixed by only having to change the loom end connector but extracting the pins and putting them into a good non melted connector no cutting involved but I got a used loom end and resistor if that did not fix it the red and black wire goes to the drivers side I saw no easy way of passing the 2 wires acreoos the dashboard so I was prepared to cut them and splice in the replacement resistor but in the end I did not need to.
IMG_0668.jpg
IMG_0669.jpg
You can see all that was stopping the No.4 fan position from working
IMG_0670.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy and Big Ben
Is there not a topic on removing the glove box which is needed to work on the resistor pack. How far are you along to finding out what's wrong, it's a good forum but not a magic one let us know you need to remove it and eyeball what the problem is you will need a Torx 20 to remove the screws. Here is the glove box How To
http://clio197.net/threads/how-to-remove-the-glove-box-updated-with-pics.52807/#post-582306
You haven't told us what system you have manual heater knobs on the dash, climate control digital display on dash?
The problem with most forums is that you know what you got but unless you let us know or show pictures we don't know and there is not point me talking about one thing when you have the other right now.

Sorry bud, it's a manual heater unit. I know how to get the glove box off, I'll give this a read anyway

Sorry bud, it's a manual heater unit. I know how to get the glove box off, I'll give this a read anyway

Good then the pictures I put up you will be able to see what's wrong and get yourself sorted as the pictures in the glovebox how to shows a climate control unit if your joining any wires use the joints I don't know there name but are a heat shrink tube with a ring of solder inside you use a heat gun the solder ring melts joins the wire ends and the heat shrink seals the joint at the same time. I'll see if I can post a pic Renault do a repair loom end if needed but do check the pollen filter to make sure it's clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MarkTeamF1
Good then the pictures I put up you will be able to see what's wrong and get yourself sorted as the pictures in the glovebox how to shows a climate control unit if your joining any wires use the joints I don't know there name but are a heat shrink tube with a ring of solder inside you use a heat gun the solder ring melts joins the wire ends and the heat shrink seals the joint at the same time. I'll see if I can post a pic Renault do a repair loom end if needed but do check the pollen filter to make sure it's clean.

heat shrink solder terminals google that you should see them practice first use minimum heat to melt the solder and watch anything else around the heat can melt other wires or melt the carpet or dash if they are in the way your not using a blow torch but it's better to think it through.

heat shrink solder terminals google that you should see them practice first use minimum heat to melt the solder and watch anything else around the heat can melt other wires or melt the carpet or dash if they are in the way your not using a blow torch but it's better to think it through.

I'm not skilled enough to do it myself haha! My mechanic is an electrician by trade, I'll get him to do it. Im solely trying to find where it is, which part (figured that out now) it is. So I can assist him in fixing it for me :smile:

Yea but see what's wrong and get the parts sorted the loom end might be melted and if your lucky just change the plastic connector end might be all that's needed