Help, Recaro swap, (yes I have searched)

Hi guys, a little help please, I have a 2009 full fat 200 with standard armchairs, can I just bolt in a set of 200 Recaros?

More to the point is it plug and play, I have searched the forum and there is talk of resistors, Renault resetting the airbag system, etc etc.

Can some tell me if I take my chairs out and fit the Recaros, what I need to do please.

Thanks in advance, links appreciated, getting old so it takes me while to find things.

Literally unbolt the standard seats and bolt in the recaros. I've just done it myself

they plug in all ok but you'll get an airbag light because your car will be programmed to detect 3 airbags and the recaros have 2. Can make the light turn off with a resistor (is a thread on here, ill link it in a sec).

Ive still not bothered to do it and won't be doing the resistors now, save myself £80 and Renault will just turn the light off next week for me while the car has its service

Hi guys, a little help please, I have a 2009 full fat 200 with standard armchairs, can I just bolt in a set of 200 Recaros?

More to the point is it plug and play, I have searched the forum and there is talk of resistors, Renault resetting the airbag system, etc etc.

Can some tell me if I take my chairs out and fit the Recaros, what I need to do please.

Thanks in advance, links appreciated, getting old so it takes me while to find things.

Good to hear you got a 200,I done the same thing with the seats just call in to your local Renault dealer and theywill sort it out for around £30.

Thanks so I can just fit the Recaros and take the car to my local Renault dealer and they will switch the airbag light off, without using resistors? Or do I need the resistors as well? Or can dealer reconfigure the car? Sorry for the questions but bare with me.

Yep just a straight swap, very easy to do. But when you undo the bolts on current seats be careful not to round them off, its easy to do and they are bloody tight, I bent tools try to undo them....ended up going to kwik fit and gave the guy a fiver to do
donor sure if all Renault dealers will turn it off as I thought hey were funny about turn off or anything to do with safety features. The dealership just offered me to do it, I hadn't even asked and wasn't going to as I thought it would be a no. But I've been best friends with the owners son all my life, hence he offered.

Thanks so I can just fit the Recaros and take the car to my local Renault dealer and they will switch the airbag light off, without using resistors? Or do I need the resistors as well? Or can dealer reconfigure the car? Sorry for the questions but bare with me.

This is what i did took the old seats out put the Recaros in airbag light come on went to tones Hartleypool turned airbag light of for around £30 ish.

http://dealer.renault.co.uk/tones-hartlepool

i did hear of a renault dealership refusing to do it due to safety reasons, but i come to the conculsion that this ranault employee hadnt got a clue whats hes on about, as youre only reconfiguring the airbag ecu to the new seats and not actually doing something unsafe, i explain the situation to my dealership, even told them they was out of a smashed car with airbag still intaked, they did there 100 point safety check and reconfigured the ecu.

Guess it may depend on the dealership, some may be funny about doing it and others ok. Is plenty around so am sure it wouldn't be a trouble to find someone who will do it.

Just saves buy the resistors and then fiddling around to get them fitted all ok

My dealer wants £79 the reset the airbag light.

Now I have read through the instructions on the resistors and from what I can work out I need to fit resistors to the plugs that have no wires in to meet the originals!

Can I solder the resistors into those 2 wires before the plug in the car? i.e. cut the wire before the plug and solder and heat shrink the resistors if that makes sense?

Cant help too much on the resistors as i've not done it, like yourself have only read the threads. Not another garage nearby that you could try?

Saying that, the resistor is £40 or there abouts and need one for each seat? Can spend £80 to buy the resistors and then fiddle around fitting them, or £80 to just have the light turned off.

Could always just get the seats in then sort the airbag light at a later date?

Ive had my recaros in now for about 2 weeks, no rush to get the light sorts, service is booked for 28/09 so just getting it switched off then

Could always just get the seats in then sort the airbag light at a later date?

Ive had my recaros in now for about 2 weeks, no rush to get the light sorts, service is booked for 28/09 so just getting it switched off then

unless you have a crash and then the bags wont save you....

Good point! Can always just blow up some balloons and fill you car with them, will do the trick :smiley:

bit like that scene from that stallone/wesley snipes film (forgot its name) the car crashes and it fills up with styrene foam :lol: