Introducing My Clio PH1 172

Miss my ph1,

Was low and gutted.

Mine was also W reg

P1010113-1.jpg

DSCF0532.jpg

Shows its mean side off
P1010034.jpg

Anything that could be taken off mine, was taken off lol.

Looks much neater without it, there's no issues with heat getting to the paint either, win win

Took it down to AmD Essex Wednesday for coilovers to be fitted, the Bilsteins were knocking so bad i thought they were gonna snap! So ride height was raised a little bit, fed up of catching the bumper on speed bumps and ripping the cat off on pot holes! Also makes it look a little more OEM.

So out with the old worn crap:
DSC02762.jpg

On with the new Kws:
DSC02763.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

DSC02765.jpg

Only one small update today, things have been going smooth. Used everyday for commuting and is yet to miss a beat

Got some new door badges off eBay to replace the yellow painted ones, this is the beginning of operation de-yellow! ( after much debate amongst friends i've decided im not a fan ).

DSC02772.jpg

Cant take pictures of car as its too dark

Also repaced front diamond and rear 'Renault Sport' and 'Clio' badges which were painted were with OEM standard chrome

Looks great dude! Mine had the bonnet badge painted black. Very badly painted so it was saveable after I got the paint of it.

The new side strip badges will look way better!!

Update,

Tomorrow im spending the weekend doing the clutch on this as my driveshaft failed this afternoon so thought its the perfect excuse to get that noisy release bearing out. Top marks to Renault southend who ordered up a driveshaft overnight for me and with a 15% discount! Still expensive though

Anyway parts to be fitted tomorrow that i've collected over past few weeks:

Valeo clutch kit
Both new OEM driveshafts with gearbox seals
OEM wheel bearings both front sides
OEM clutch cable
ARP con rod bolts ( whilst the subframes off )
OEM sump gasket
Oil change with filter
Vibra Technics engine and gearbox mount
Synthetic gearbox oil
OEM speedo drive
And of course some 20mm front H&R spacers

So as you can see i got a busy day ahead of me. Really wanted to fit a lightweight flywheel and a 182 manifold but funds just weren't there

Still should feel refreshed afterwards

Okay its been ages since an update has happened so finally got round to taking some photos so you can all see whats been accomplished over christmas.

So first things first my clutch pedal was always stiff and a little juddery so i really wanted to get that box off and swap it over. Had a long weekend over christmas so decided to collect some parts and do a mini restoration under the bonnet to really freshen up the 13 year old gurl.

So i got myself a Valeo standard clutch to keep it easy on the commute an i dont ever intend to run anymore serious power here so the standard item was perfectly suited. I alo got myself a new genuine clutch cable with the updated weights to aid the pedal feel. Whilst the box was off i thought it'd be a good opportunity to drop the sump and fit a set of ARP rod bolts and a fresh sump seal.

Then the car was put back together with Fuchs fully synthetic box oil and a new speedo drive as my speedo did play up occassionally. Everything was running perfect and smooth with a nice light clutch, but not a week later my driveshaft started knocking on the n/s and during inspection i noticed the wheel bearing had a little play in it. So off to renault again for a pair of rebuilt driveshafts and two new wheel bearings ( £400 lighter mind ). Once the bearings were pressed into the hubs and rebuilt it was once again playing nicely. By now my Vibra Technics uprated engine mounts had arrived so i bolted them up and its really stiffened things up front.

Since then ( past month ) its been a smooth joy to drive and its being enjoyed. In the meantime i fitted a few other items so heres the pics, enjoy:

Stripped down for gearbox out:
untitled5_zpsbc4b9298.jpg

ARP con rod bolts fitted to bottom end:
pic1_zps3c16060d.jpg

New engine mounts, highly recommended for the clio thats getting saggy:
DSC_0522_zps4023236b.jpg

Got a new steering wheel to replace the knackered leather one:
DSC_0518_zps09523778.jpg

20mm H&R wheel spacers up front:
DSC_0517_zps50801b3c.jpg

And 5mm rear:
DSC_0531_zpsbc69cf6f.jpg

Sits much nicer in the arch now:
DSC_0532_zps17bc8d1c.jpg

Magnecor 8.5mm HT leads fitted, actually smoothed the drive out a little:
DSC_0526_zpse6cb21a7.jpg

Cup spoiler purchased off here in excellent condition and resprayed in Titanium professionally, really happy with finish and colour match:
DSC_0528_zpsf02a4c48.jpg

Ktec top mounts had started seizing again and being fed up with my monthly strip and grease procedure decided to bin them for Pure motorsports items:
untitled_zps201a40f2.jpg

Would have been rude not to get the strut brace package :
DSC_0525_zpsc6930b11.jpg
DSC_0527_zps7c110800.jpg

New battery cover to tidy up the bay:
DSC_0521_zps2695d852.jpg

Wind deflectors:
DSC_0519_zps218f0e89.jpg

Ignore how dirty it is lol, usually spotless. Thanks for reading and more updates soon when i do something about the wheels and that stupid yellow detailing.

Last edited: