Is your Clio your daily ride ?

How many of you guys have a daily 'other' ride ?

• Total voters

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
I been thinking of getting a daily ride for a while....

During the great weather in the last few months its not really crossed my mind too much. But with the onslaught of winter here in the South East today i may have to dive-in soon.

So what about everyone else ?

Same as you.

Have seriously contemplated buying a cheap and cheerful old fiesta or something, like £500. Or alternatively having a brand new very low £/month car thats very good on fuel, just for twoing and froing work. Don't like clonking the miles on mine!

Reactions: Susanadele
Same as you.

Have seriously contemplated buying a cheap and cheerful old fiesta or something, like £500. Or alternatively having a brand new very low £/month car thats very good on fuel, just for twoing and froing work. Don't like clonking the miles on mine!

To be fair you can get an ok daily for £500. With the low miles i do: i doubt i'd save money with the extra tax / insurance on the daily versus saving money on the fuel the Clio uses (Still would have to insure and MOT the Clio of course).

I'm about to do timing belt, de-phaser, water-pump etc.....thats gonna be around £600. So i could just get another car now for winter with that money and do the Clio in my own time AND keep it wrapped up for winter.

Plus i garage mine - and the thought of putting it away soaking wet, dripping in the garage, when its snowing etc drives me crazy.

With a banger for work none of that would matter.......

I bought mine as a weekend toy, but like it so much it has become my daily. I have a 7 seater which is used for the family, tip runs (like a mobile skip), wet weather or if there's not good parking the other end. I imagine once the grit goes down the Clio will be staying at home :worried:

Reactions: sevenfourate
I bought mine as a weekend toy, but like it so much it has become my daily. I have a 7 seater which is used for the family, tip runs (like a mobile skip), wet weather or if there's not good parking the other end. I imagine once the grit goes down the Clio will be staying at home :worried:

Cant get rid of this thought now.......

council-has-the-gritters-out-motorists-advised-to-be-cautious_zps5qf7csto.jpg

Bloody awful things, particularly when I'm on early shift and they come spreading salt early on and have it on higher settings...

The only sight worse than that is when one is coming the other way. Even if you back off and slow down you are helpless as they come tearing past you! :worried:

Reactions: Sneydster
The R27 I have recently bought is for special days, the 182 is my daily and for really fun days my Yamaha R1.

My daily is supposed to be my Merc E class cabriolet but right now that's just not happening! Love my Clio. Wife loves her A1 & we're splitting the mileage between the 3 cars. Probably use the Merc once I have bedded in the new pads on the Clio but it's a close run thing between the two!

Cant get rid of this thought now.......

council-has-the-gritters-out-motorists-advised-to-be-cautious_zps5qf7csto.jpg
Loving your concern! I now live in the Scottish Highlands, though I'm from Surrey originally. My Clio is now considered for use whenever the snow is forecast but tbh my rwd Merc daily is fine on winter tyres.