Is your Clio your daily ride ?

How many of you guys have a daily 'other' ride ?

• Total voters
I have bought my 197 as I needed car that I could "drive", I have a new Insignia company car and my own BMW 650 convertible, whilst the BMW is a beautiful car and extremely fast you cannot throw it around the country roads which I missed hence the reason for the 197....

Just saw this and added my vote - I owned my 200 a few years ago and used it daily very short commute, was garaged every night, also wife had a car at the time so not much mileage added to it - having driven an Elise daily the Clio was like driving a luxury vip car!. Few years down the line and currently have an Octavia vrs estate as I now have a little girl also a dog so the VRS does the daily commute, super car and quite nice to drive. I managed to persuade the wife I needed a 'fun' car again an Elise was sadly not in budget so went to searching for an RS having owned an F1 R26, Twingo 133 and of course the Clio 200 my search began - fate being a funny thing my old 200 came up for same after some negotiating I picked her up last October and shes now a garage queen I use it very rarely, but its there when I can use it - driving to work a few times starting finishing early so clearish twisty roads. Currently waiting on some work to be done at K Tec should make it a bit noisier and fun to drive...

Reactions: Johnny 99
Where's the option for Clio being a daily with another car as a track toy :smiley:

I use my 200 weekly more than daily but have a track car sat alongside it.

Yip my 200 all the way. I'm hoping to change that mid year as mine has very low milage, just a shade under 20 000km's, there can't be many in the world with such light road usage :wink:

Mine is predominantly for track days but with a 3k miles a year policy i will be using it for fun on the road also. The 197 is more fun in the twists than the M135i (unless you are looking for power over steer). I would love to run them both on a short twisty track and see which is faster. Anything with something resembling a straight the beemer will power away.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Mine is predominantly for track days but with a 3k miles a year policy i will be using it for fun on the road also. The 197 is more fun in the twists than the M135i (unless you are looking for power over steer). I would love to run them both on a short twisty track and see which is faster. Anything with something resembling a straight the beemer will power away.

Dont they say that a 'straight track' is for a fast car; and a twisty one for a fast driver......

As much fun as it is in the Clio harassing exotic metal in the corners; on-track it must equally as annoying getting raped on the straights though. Not quite the same on the road is it.

Haha my next door neighbor has a 135i and he said it's a nice car if you like going down the road with the traction light constantly in having to wrestle it to keep it out of the hedges on either sideb

Mines my toy, I mean daily, mainly used for to n from work however I'm that close I should walk...and when Mrs is out and I go anywhere it's in my car, also named on her Mazda 3 fastback (family car) but if we all out together it's me who drives it, something about me being a passenger I don't like lol.

Mazda's also a 2.0 but it's their Skyactiv technology so only put out 120 horses, but that's more than plenty and is really nice to drive

Dont they say that a 'straight track' is for a fast car; and a twisty one for a fast driver......

As much fun as it is in the Clio harassing exotic metal in the corners; on-track it must equally as annoying getting raped on the straights though. Not quite the same on the road is it.

Indeed there is more of an element of 'balls' on the road. I have seen people racing on the wrong side of the road on a blind corner before now just to get the upper hand, doesn't matter how fast my car is i will always 'lose' to someone like that...although i am sure they will lose big time one day... On the track once everyone is used to the circuit and conditions it is down to driver skill and then the car. Indeed it can be frustrating when a V8 powers past if you let it annoy you but thats not what track days are about, if you are having fun it simply doesn't matter. I look to have some tussles with similar cars and then when back to the pits have a chat and a laugh with the other driver, thats what its all about.

Haha my next door neighbor has a 135i and he said it's a nice car if you like going down the road with the traction light constantly in having to wrestle it to keep it out of the hedges on either sideb

With the traction on the M135i is very dosile. In fact this vid shows it perfectly
The big restriction is traction in the cold winter or when it is wet (especially when turning with the power on) but this is the same for any rear drive car to a point. Any decent four wheel drive car will destroy it in these conditions. For an all round every day car i cannot fault the M, i have owned many nice and fast cars over the years and as an all round package the M is the best i have owned.

Indeed there is more of an element of 'balls' on the road. I have seen people racing on the wrong side of the road on a blind corner before now just to get the upper hand, doesn't matter how fast my car is i will always 'lose' to someone like that...although i am sure they will lose big time one day... On the track once everyone is used to the circuit and conditions it is down to driver skill and then the car. Indeed it can be frustrating when a V8 powers past if you let it annoy you but thats not what track days are about, if you are having fun it simply doesn't matter. I look to have some tussles with similar cars and then when back to the pits have a chat and a laugh with the other driver, thats what its all about.

With the traction on the M135i is very dosile. In fact this vid shows it perfectly
The big restriction is traction in the cold winter or when it is wet (especially when turning with the power on) but this is the same for any rear drive car to a point. Any decent four wheel drive car will destroy it in these conditions. For an all round every day car i cannot fault the M, i have owned many nice and fast cars over the years and as an all round package the M is the best i have owned.
I've chased a couple of M135i's on track and they are not very stable in low speed corners to the point where my little Clio was making inroads.
On the back straight at Bedford though it was like I was standing still!
Awesome pace. Would like to own one

Nothing like a daily. Moves once a week at the most. And the other car moves maybe once a month!

I couldn't imagine driving a much slower less fun car at any time of the week. It's a short fast commute to work for me fortunately. Nobody puts baby in the corner.

Reactions: Sneydster