its payday & I need 2 new tyres :)

Right lads, in need off a pair off tyres. Been looking loads and am just no wear.
just want a real grippy tyre for fast road that aint to noisy and comes in 215/45/17 87

been think about avon zz3 or v12 but would like better maybe sport contacts 5 but would like to try something diff.

Ideas boys with links please :smile:

R888's :smile:

On a serious note , take a look at the Federal 595 RSR seem to be good for some people although on track IMO have to much tread movment to make it a real good track day tyre but its ok when half worn :smile:

Cant find r888's or ad08 in the size I need. Plus I think do aye really nees semi slicks. I've heard about federals rsr. U got any links bud ?

I wouldn't be buying RSR, AD08 or R888's if your looking for a road tyre especially since its the end of October and you've got 6months + of ****ty weather. Good look on a track tyre in the snow!

The typical ones are Conti Sport contact 3's or 5's, or Hankook V12 Evo. There are alternatives out there but I've no experience of them so couldn't recommend them.

I wouldnt advise using R888s on the road, I admit I have been though not really out of choice. AD08s are more of a road tyre but really only a summer tyre, even if I do have a few pictures of me driving mine through snow on them.....

Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2 are what I'm looking to stick on my road wheels and get good reviews, everyone raves about hankook v12s but they don't get amazing reviews but are cheap for what they are.
The new Conti Sport Contact 5's look a good bet too.

So just looked at rsr's on demon-tweeks 235 including delivery. Happy with that but now use have pit me off lol. Snow aint normaly that bad n,ireland and I do have my mondeo if it is.

Do u have a link for the goodyear tyres bud ? Dnt really want contis again as there tread pattern is borin lol.

Having tried something else i will be using the OE Conti sport 3's when the time comes again as i just cant think of anything better as an all rounder ( maybe cs5's ) as with most things you get what you pay for .

Good reviews on the goodyears but weather they will take a beating I dont know. Conti 5's it could be if I coukd find the size. Cant seem to find load 87's only 91's and want them.

Conti 3's have been replaced by Conti 5's.. You could get lucky and find some 3's still though.

If deffo try get the 87's though

Whats wrong with the OE tyres ? ( contisport 3's )

They arent great when compared to the likes of Bridgestone Potenza RE050As which offer more grip in the wet and dry. The Contisportscontact 3 are also an old tyre now and are starting to he hard to get as it's been replaced by the sportscontact 5.

If I were you I'd be looking for the Bridgestones I mentioned above. Great tyre that I've used on the road and track on a variety of cars and can't fault them.

I've just swapped all 4 tyres for Hankook Evo V12's as I weren't paying the £125 for contis. So far they feel really good, no more noise than the conti 3's I had on before. Haven't gave them a good go in wet yet but reviews are excellent for wet weather conditions.

Reviews for the V12 in the wet aren't half as good as the Conti 3, never mind the 5!

Conti 5's are available for £101 plus fitting

I've just put v12's on, replaced my worn out CS3's

The only reason is I want to run 4 semi slicks summer time, I won't be driving anything silly through winter and the v12 has come in as a good wet tyre, so for the price, they'll do the job through winter.

Hi, I've just put a set of the new Toyo Proxes T1 Sports on mine, replacing Kuhmo Ecsta Sports, so far I am very impressed, good wet and dry grip, they are quiet and feel a lot more solid ( if that makes sense!) I got them for £90 each, so not too expensive.

Similar Thread Suggestions