K&N Apollo vs Standard intake

MikeH

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
For info:

Did some trials at RS Tuning today to see how the 2 compare. I had an issue with the remapped file on my ecu and (consequently wont recommend Viezu to anyone (thats a story for another day perhaps)) so had to carry out the trial with the standard map file. The trial also includes my car fitted with milltek cat back and high flow sports cat.

img004.gif

Results fairly conclusive
K&N Apollo:
car sounds absolutely gorgeous
181.2bhp

Standard airbox:
Car sounds as good as milltek exhausted 197 (not as nice as apollo)
187.5bhp

My Verdict: In my opinion I love the sound of the car with the Apollo sounds way better than standard, if you dont mind the loss of power across the range - give one a try. If you want the extra ponies stick with the standard airbox and try a panel filter.

Many thanks for the work by Paul and his mate at RS Tuning, and I shall be in touch soon about our project :drool:

yep we all say that the standard set up is the best way to go, (apart from an ITG of course).

nice results of the 2 tho.

Wow, that's a hefty power loss right there from just an air filter!

Thanks for sharing.. (Did you get any pictures of the Apollo fitted?)

Rich

No pics at the mo with the apollo fitted, will post some up once ive had chance to refit it

i have got a milltek cat back and a apollo and must admit,it does sound good,but kinda does feel that little slower

Update

I emailed K&N with the results from the dyno runs, this was their reply:

Hello

Thank you for your e-mail. I will forward this to our R&D Dept. and they will answer you directly. I can confirm that we do not launch a kit where no power gain is achieved using the vehicle concerned.

Regards

Don Marshall

Technical Assistance

K&N FILTERS (EUROPE) LTD

Tel - 01925 636950

Fax - 01925 418948

Be interesting to see what their response is to the hard figures!!!!

also be interested to hear what they say!! most likely in there lab under specific conditions it does in fact give .00005bhp increase or some crap!