Mileage wimps....

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
To all those people scared of putting miles on your 197's

Between 3rd June and 10th July, my 197 covered

4884 miles.

I can hear you all gasping in shock and "your car will be ruined" comments :wink:

A car is to be driven, not looked at.

That is all :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Thats almost 1k miles a day! What were you doing?

I've done 3.5k since I got mine at the end of March so about 1k a month, two big 500 mile trips in that time though

I've done 3000 since buying mine 3 months ago.That will go up now as the car was off the road for about a month in total during that time the longest of which was to have the new engine fitted.
normally do about 25k a year and this is my only car.

She's on 35k now, but no big trips in her until Devon in September then after that nothing until Germany next year (which most of you will be coming on or else :ban: :wink:)

Three high mileage trips in a month, it was great fun but very expensive lol

I love my little beast :smile:

lol @ "millage wimps" :smiley:

Hardly a car enthusiast if your scared to drive your car.

Put 1200 miles on mine in the first week :smiley:

One thing that REALLY annoys me is when people say "I don't use it as I don't want to put the mileage on it"

Why have the car?!?!?!

LOL :smile::smile::smile::smile:

I'm on the approach to 50, done 12,000 miles in mine since last september.

The list of things that needs doing is steadily increasing though lol -

need a full set of engine mounts
new discs
new pads
air con needs fixing
exhaust is blowing

other than having to spend about £200 - £300 on the car every other month I love it.

I did 800 miles in the first week, but haven't done that many since then. It has been nearly a month and only on the 4th tank of juice.

By the sound of it, my 80k car is highest miler on the site!

I will come to upset you then Mike...
Mine is only used at the weekend as I dont see any point in sitting in a 45min traffic jam every morning and evening - but its not as bad as it sounds as I normally manage 300± miles over saturday and sunday just driving how it meant to be. Its not always been the case either as I used to commute when I did nights.

Bought it with 13,000 on the clock in Jan 09 and it currently stands at 28,550 (I think :oops:)

i only use my car at the weekends as i work 2.9 miles down the road so i go on my motorbike instead, 7 quid to fill her up and it lasts me a week n half, lol

i probabally do between 50 and 100 miles a week thats it in the clio, :coffee:

mine is an 08 plate and its just turned 18,000 miles yesterday. :clap:

I will come to upset you then Mike...
Mine is only used at the weekend as I dont see any point in sitting in a 45min traffic jam every morning and evening - but its not as bad as it sounds as I normally manage 300± miles over saturday and sunday just driving how it meant to be. Its not always been the case either as I used to commute when I did nights.

Bought it with 13,000 on the clock in Jan 09 and it currently stands at 28,550 (I think :oops:)

In that case you are the same as me :wink:

Garaged in the week, play time at the weekend :smile::smile:

Mine's done 25k in the year I have had her :smile:

Did 1600 miles in first 10 days of having mine, been giving it a break recently as gf has been on holiday and run out of dosh after spunking it on dj and hi fi equipment, plus mods for the car lol

Mike you mileage whore!

Since november last year i have only covered 2k miles and after nearly three years of ownership it's just gone past 15k miles. The main reason why i do so little mileage is i cycle to work and only use the car at weekends.