Mileage wimps....

Living in Surrey it's better cycling to work, traffic is a joke lol

I drive to work and back every day which is about 30 miles, drive to GFs a few times a week which is 100 mile round trip, go to parents most weekends which is 130-140 mile round trip, go to london or brighton on nights out most weekends which is another 100 mile round trip. Add road trips and euro trips on top and you'll see why i averaged about 40k a year for the past year!!! Done about 100k in the past 4 years!

I think I average around 80 miles a week in mine. I go to and from my finace's house most week nights which is an 8 mile round trip. Then just potter about the week end in it! I use the work van during work hours as I need tools and it lives at home, so I don't use my car for work at all now.

When we go on hoilday in this country we always use my car though, went to Barmouth in Wales about a month ago for 4 days. Going to Somerset in 2 weeks time for 4 days, Devon and Barmouth again in September. So will probably get some miles on then. I've only done 3250 miles in the car since I bought in in January. It's a 2009 58 plate and is now showing 17300 miles (or there abouts).

I'm glad that there are not that many mileage whimps lol.

Cost of fuel is a restrictor too now lol!

I think everyone's individual circumstances has to be taken in to accout though, because some people use their Clio to go to work in. I don't have to. When me and the missus get a house together the millage will probably go up because she will sell her car and use mine instead. So at that point the Clio may have to be replaced with something more practical and better on fuel anyway! :worried:

in the current finacial climate wont be selling mine for a good few years
so there will be a few miles to be put on mine.when i start driving again
i will just drive it till im told to come home by the better half lol

Trying to sell a Clio lately is like trying to sell a dead horse. Mines going nowhere!

I've done 24k in two years.

Got mine in Jan 2008 with 13k and now on 49k :tongueout:anic:

High Milage Achieved by:

Using it daily,
3 Years at Uni in Hull with trips home to Oxford/Brum,
Close friends in Southend/Bolton/London,
200 miles round trip to work!

And... only the odd rattle to deal with (Touch Wood) :smiley: one happy high milage owner, well done Clio :clap:

That's reasuring to hear tbh. Although I've had more issues with mine and it's newer and has less millage! Although they have only been small (touch wood)!

That's reasuring to hear tbh. Although I've had more issues with mine and it's newer and has less millage! Although they have only been small (touch wood)!

My old VTS, Suki Saxo, is 10 years old, she is still on original gearbox and she is now on 135k miles lol!!!

if you look after the engine meaning no thrashing all the time and regular services the car should last 150k no problem. even longer if your prepared to pay for the work

was told by renault engineer from france the engines in the 197
good for 200000 no probs:whatever:
how many have had new ones already?

was told by renault engineer from france the engines in the 197
good for 200000 no probs:whatever:
how many have had new ones already?

proberly would last that long, its usually other components that knacker the engines like timing belt tensioners giving up, or lack of servicing/maintence to be honest ive worked for renault for 6 years now and ive never seen and F4R enigne blow through internal fault its always because of another problem,
The problem with renault is the timing belt area, i worked for fords for 5 years and i never saw a car come in with a snapped belt or faulty timing tensioner but as soon as i started working for renault i was priceing engine jobs left right and centre lol good for me but bad for the customer :smile:

As I only get 200-250 miles to a tank, nigh on 4900 miles would be around 20 fills for me at 50 quid a pop. That's a grand and the reason I don't do 4884 miles a month!