MPG guys?!

whats yours, seaming mine is very low!
jumping from my 1.6 megane to my r27 i was expecting for it to increase (normal day to day driving - not wragging about all the time)

due to a larger engine and therefore less work on the engine to reach the same sort of speeds etc?

i seem to be getting like 22mpg and thats NORMAL driving, my meg as doing like 29 in the same style of driving in same roads

this sound normal or a touch low?

thanks for the help

Brocky!!!

whats yours, seaming mine is very low!
jumping from my 1.6 megane to my r27 i was expecting for it to increase (normal day to day driving - not wragging about all the time)

due to a larger engine and therefore less work on the engine to reach the same sort of speeds etc?

i seem to be getting like 22mpg and thats NORMAL driving, my meg as doing like 29 in the same style of driving in same roads

this sound normal or a touch low?

thanks for the help

Brocky!!!

They were my thoughts also, I was wrong too lol.
Your figure seems about right. I'm sitting at 22.6mpg and if I reset the comp before a long trip then I can get up to 30.

27.1 is mine and that is on a 3mile journey to work only done 30roads and there is lots of speedbumps :worried:

Also includes at least one gear change beep a day :wink: I do have a remap and decat the which added about 2mpg :smile:

Im getting better than my mums zafira vxr which is 25.2 haha

Bigger engine and you thought you would get more mpg.?

I'm getting a mustang 5.5lts, with the petrol savings the car should pay for its self in no time. :wink: :wink: (sorry couldn't resist)

The 197/200 is a very high revving car and it's this that causes the low mpg.
It's very hard to drive it under 3k rpm.

On my last tank I got 385.6 miles from 53.15 litres. Works out at 32.98mpg. I usually average 31mpg from a tank.

I'm running about 28 at the moment - mix of dual carriageways and country lanes.

Its definitely very thirsty if you have a heavy foot. I've found you can get 40mpg doing 50mph with cruise control set.

But where is the fun in that....

I average one tank a month, and usually avarage around 300Miles to a tank, which generally reads as 28MPG on the dash display. But, I find the dash display to be quite misleading as it's the average MPG since you're last reset and not the actual MPG you're doing at that moment in time...

I reset it last Friday on my drive way and did the 8Mile commute to work (0345, no traffic, steady 35MPH) and it recorded 37.1MPG which is pretty damn good I think over a relatively short journey. But after having a few little rips about and doing some sitting in traffic this week whilst I've been off work, the dash display now reads 27.6MPG.

All things considered, I don't find it to be too bad. I didn't buy a Renaultsport because I wanted a frugal car...

When you reset the mpg trip it goes high, it will then take quite alot of miles to get back to what mpg your actually doing as an average.

409 miles on my last tank, which involved mostly motorways.

Was nearly empty when i filled up and got 52.5 litres in.

Think thats about 35 mpg

My 200 is normally up in the low thirties, I've had 36mpg on a 200 mile motorway trip with the cruise control set to 60.

I drive like a saint :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions