Mud flaps?? High daily mileage thoughts?

Evening all,

So basically i do pretty high mileage so 50 a day, not massive i know but on the weekly clean im noticing that alot of tar builds up on the back and where the rear arch buldges out athe the front?

More to the point im guessin this has been covered but whats everyones thoughts on having them, and if any what ones to have? Im not a fan of the oe renault ones, more tomards a rally plastic style like the sparco ones?

Also fitting? Do u have to drill or make small holes on the inside of the arches? Wondering for when i take them off for shows would i have holes in the arch? Is there any other way of fitting?

Cheers guys
Matt

I don't like mud flaps but that's me.

I never found tar to be a big problem. Just have to make sure the paintwork is protected with wax/sealant. Mine gets used on track and in europe so it gets plenty of mileage.

i fitted some black universal ones today that my house mate had spare in the garage, they def do the job but i not sure on them yet

I made woe carbon spats(small mud flaps) did the job and look alot better than normal mud flaps.
Just made some for the focus too.
They do leave small holes in the wheel arch liner.

Foxspeed has some rally type flaps on his.

I just bought 4 big a4 sheets of black rally flaps. Once they are trimmed down and fitted properly they should look sweet. Think the Renault ones look naff but some people on hear have done a good job of making there own. Just have a search for some ideas mate, that's what I did.

I just kept mine small as with my 197 being so low normal size flap would just get ripped off on the road. :wink:

yeah mine are twice as big as yours but as its rubber will be ok, the carbon ones look hot but i just know they would last long for me

They look good mate!! Same as what ive got. Any shots further away? Did u just do the fronts? Im doing the rear as well.

i have got two more to do the rear but not sure if i will bother yet as not sure if it will look right or not, the fronts look good and no more pics at the momemnt as its dark, i was going to remove one side and leave it like that for a few weeks just to see if there is a noticeable difference..

I made woe carbon spats(small mud flaps) did the job and look alot better than normal mud flaps.
Just made some for the focus too.
They do leave small holes in the wheel arch liner.

Did you make these yourself or did you get them from somewhere else. I would be very interested in these if you can get hold of some for me :smile:

Made the carbon spats myself.
Made a cardboard template and then cut that shape out of a sheet of carbon that I got off eBay.
Used a dremel to cut the shape out.

yeah matt my housemate had them spare in the garage and i think he got them from ebay, did you get my message about wheel pics??

hi steve (guessin stevp197 is steve) I did, but im going to leave it thanks for the offer though,

just order some off ebay some JJC MSA approved 4mm thick ones, so i guess they will do the job cant complain for a mere 26quid

Matt

yeh it is steve but i miss spelled it when i registered haha, are the wheels i have speedlines and are they rarer than the ones you have>>>>???? as most clios for sale seem to come with the ones that you have

steve

What did you guys use to fit them? tree clips,screws...etc? ive check on a few forums what people did on other cars theres a good one on MINI forum for the cooper s. Just thought id see how yourselves went about it?

Matt

Similar Thread Suggestions