new tyres - recommendations - anyone?

Its come to that time now for me to change all the tyres on my 197 F1...anyone got any good recommendations or shall i just stick to the stand conti's?:smile:

I was reading the original autocar test that said the Contis were developed specifically for the 197, or something like that anyway. I would be inclined to either stick with Conti's, or try GoodYear Eagle GSD3 Assimetics.

Megane comes with Michelin PS3s if you spec the Cup goodness, I've heard very good things about them too. I certainly rate their predecessor the PS2.

It depends how much you want to pay really. For the money I think the V12 EVO's are the bo***cks. The PS3's are probably brilliant, but are very very expensive. That's why I say V12's. Got mine fitted for £76 a corner.

u should do what i have done for ultimate grip i have 225/40/18 on front and 235/40/18 back it refuses to move a mm even round roundabouts at 50 in the wet lol

i've got michelin PS3 with 225/45/17 on mine and they are brilliant. i had continental conti sport 2 before and my brother has got conti sport 3 on his F1. compared to the the conti sport 3 , the michelin is much better under wet conditions. by the way, the PS3 is the best rain tyre, i've ever driven. in the dry, they've got just a little more grip. a very positive thing is, that they doesn't squeak quickly, which allows you to drive hard, without looking like an idiot :tongueout: an other good thing is the response of the tyre. if you are a bit too fast in a corner, they start to slide smoothly but its all very controllable. so they give you a lot of confidence. but maybe its all because of they've done only 2000 miles.

compared to the conti sport 2, its just a much, much better tyre in all ways :tongueout:

yeah 18's are alright for looks around town PPT but im actually looking to get some 17's for track use

Got my 215/45/17 V12's fitted for £76! So that seems a bit expensive! Chapel Tyres in West Brom if anyone's interested!