new tyres - recommendations - anyone?

I just fitted another two Toyo Proxes T1R's, so now i have all four on them.

Once warmed up they handle the road much tighter and better than the Conti's. But until there warmed up i wouldn't dare try going hard into corners.

Pretty good in the wet too.

camskills are doing 215/45/R17 for £68.89 delivered, and 225/45/R17 for £80.19 delivered.

Get them a little cheaper if you buy them in pairs, which Im sure you will.

I'll be getting another set of contis, checked some toyo's allround, and they were too firm for the poor roads we have down here in poland, same goes for RE50's, the suspension knocks louder with them on in comparison to the contis, a set of contis for me next week it is, no more experiments for me, I now understand why renault has chosen the contis for the factory fitting, it is really probably the best tyre for he 197!

Pilot Sport 2s are discontinued, Pilot Sport 3s are out but in short supply. I d stick with the contis mate, evo did a tyre test last month and they came out on top.

i read that tyre test what a load of twosh. they were testing on an MGF bag of . . . . some budgets were higher than michelin PS2's i think not they are 10 times more responsive than contis and grip better in wet

Sorry I think you have the wrong test they used a mazda mx5. Conti was best all rounder and best wet tyre. Best wet tyre and track tyre was the yokohama neova.

I was in costco today and they have conti sport contact 3s (99.99), PS3s and some PS2s.

tire test ranking = which brand pays more

I don't know which tires are best, but I recently switched to Bridgestone Potenza RE050 and they loose grip once hot

They are less noisier than Contis though but this doesn't matter on the Clio

One tyre I can say not to go for is the Pirelli P-Zero

Standard fit on out Abarth 500 and I hate them. They are such a hard tyre. When they are due to be replaced we will be putting the Conti SC3 on as I love how the 197 handles with them.

Last edited:
That is a good point, do you know from your research how much Hankook V12s weigh? The only problem with the Conti's are that they are expensive when you consider that the Hankook V12s perform similar and are much cheaper to buy.

That is a good point, do you know from your research how much Hankook V12s weigh? The only problem with the Conti's are that they are expensive when you consider that the Hankook V12s perform similar and are much cheaper to buy.

They are 10kg.

90$ vs 153$

I think I can't get them in Croatia or Slovenia.

And the price difference - there's got to be a catch...:s