Recommend me a clay

Paul

Platinum Member
I need to give my car a claying at some point this month or early next and I am wanting to know who is using what and what peoples recommendations are ATM!? :confused1:

I used to use Meguairs but bought some Zaino stuff the other week and was really impressed. Didn't break the bank either.
I will get a link for you Paul.

use meguires and also got some swissvax paint rubber which i havent tried yet :thumbup1:

Thanks for the tips guys!

I had the Meguiars last year and it was pretty hard work, which is why I fancied a change. The Swissvax stuff looked really good when it was demonstrated.

Another vote for bilt hamber. Its cheap n cheerful shall we say. Very good clay, the best on ive used and the cheapest.

Would there be any benefit to buying something like Autosmart Tardis to go with it as I am being plagued by tar spots with the roads disintegrating!

another for bilt hamber... used it on monday for first time... was very easy to use. You can use it with just water as a lubricant in a spray bottle although I put a small drop of Meguairs gold glass shampoo in it too only because I read someone else had done it.

Avoid Dodo! It's expensive and maguires is better and cheaper!

If you want the best get what I have and get zymol but it's £50 with lube.

Another vote for the bilt hamber soft auto clay.

Bought some last year and still get loads left, you get quite alot. Works a treat.

Also got my dad some for christmas i were that impressed with it.

So thats what 4 or 5 votes for it :tongueout:

Yeah I think thats decided then. Thanks for the input guys. Just need to get a lube now too.

I wouldnt bother with a lube for the bilt hamber.

Its designed to work with water, and to be extra safe just mix some shampoo with water in a spray bottle and use that.

Thats what i did and reading on detailing world what 99% of others do. Saves on buying a seperate lube.

Ive ordered it twice from;

http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/

Fast service, and taking into account cost of clay +delivery it was cheaper than anywhere else.

Last edited: