Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Ya, think it was me. It certainly sounded great on the M2 yesterday when I could open the car up a bit. May be the exhaust though as I find it sounds different depending on wind direction?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you actually do @Micah ?

Last edited:
Holy cow, that is a massive picture, I'll select medium next time! It may not give you what you want but it's definitely worth a try and see if you can tell the difference. Won't be anywhere near what a cone can offer.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Holy cow, that is a massive picture, I'll select medium next time! It may not give you what you want but it's definitely worth a try and see if you can tell the difference. Won't be anywhere near what a cone can offer.

Noise-wise that what i want !

Thanks for the pics and help.Awesome.........:jase2:

Won't take a minute to remove, just keep the solenoid plugged in and blank the vacuum pipe and off you toddle for a bit of spirited driving - may not hear the difference over the exhaust though :wink:

Won't take a minute to remove, just keep the solenoid plugged in and blank the vacuum pipe and off you toddle for a bit of spirited driving - may not hear the difference over the exhaust though :wink:

Cool.

Talking of which.....have you thought about extending that pipe forward with something else....under the headlight etc area - to try to pick up a nice cold air stream ?

Not trying to sway you, but I didn't like my induction kit when I had it on my 197. I was doing early mornings (well still am) and it was just an irritation at 5am, don't get my wrong, sounded bloody awesome when you wanted it too, but as a daily it was obnoxious! Any slight labour on the engine (for example not changing down going up a slight incline) a massive swoosh of noise! So it came off, and I just stuck with the exhaust. However my exhaust was resonated scorpion so yours will already be quite a lot louder than mine is, so perhaps won't bother you as much.

However am considering getting one for the 200t, as its a much quieter car and I would like some noise back!

Not trying to sway you, but I didn't like my induction kit when I had it on my 197. I was doing early mornings (well still am) and it was just an irritation at 5am, don't get my wrong, sounded bloody awesome when you wanted it too, but as a daily it was obnoxious! Any slight labour on the engine (for example not changing down going up a slight incline) a massive swoosh of noise! So it came off, and I just stuck with the exhaust. However my exhaust was resonated scorpion so yours will already be quite a lot louder than mine is, so perhaps won't bother you as much.

However am considering getting one for the 200t, as its a much quieter car and I would like some noise back!

I've had induction's before Chris (On other cars). So well aware of what i would be up against. Hence my hesitation. I like you garage my car - so the noise early doors again might be too much. For everyone else at least........

And my Scorpion system is resonated. Again - i went for the slightly more "stealth" version. Thanks for the heads up though. I hear you (sic) and agree completely.

So: I took the acoustic valve off and gave the car a whirl......cold.....so no real boogie action as such.

MIGHT be slightly louder low down, and i'm guessing the valve was for European law,to pass various Worldwide laws. emissions levels, noise round town and at idle for various laws, tests etc. Well - im not hugely interested in any of that unless it gets to ASBO stage. So it came off and its stayed off.

I made up a couple of small 'sleeves' out of some Yellow silicone pipe and wrapped the old Acoustic Valve retaining studs with them and capped with a stainless nut. Should stop me catching my arms / wrists / hands on them in future when cleaning. And looks beeter than a rusting stud poking up out the hood !!! Also blanked off the now spare hose that went to the valve with a stainless cap-head bolt and a bit of silicone sealer.

Now about to scour the internet for some 57mm Outside Diameter tube to extend the hose forward and toward the front of the car and down under / beside the headlight. Not sure if im going with stainless, alloy or Yellow Silicone............

IMG_4965_zpsyzgtwvld.jpg

Well meant yours might be a bit louder as you have one of the cats removed whilst my 197 didn't :smile:

Fair enough mate, as you said though, should you get it remapped with it on, then take it off, your going to be in a sticky spot.. Tough one! Shame its not an easy one to take on or off and just put it on at weekends lol.

Gotta love ebay.:

57mm Swaged Aluminium joiner
57mm ID Silicone; 45 degree pipe
Stainless Jubilee Clips to suit.

***Will weld a bracket onto the joiner when here, to mate up to one of the original acoustic valve studs and hold it all steady.

s-l1600%201_zpsndtckzws.jpg

s-l500_zpsgckil30h.jpg

s-l1600_zpszspwzoaq.jpg

Christ, you don't hang around do you?
I bet you had palpitations when you saw the state of my engine bay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Christ, you don't hang around do you?
I bet you had palpitations when you saw the state of my engine bay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I been pondering for a while as you know. This could be the solution.

Plus its a chance to add a little tasteful bling..........

Yea - im just back from my 1st session of counselling after seeing your pics. I think another 15 - 20 and i'll be over it :lol:

do you like the noise Shuv??is it something you wanted??

Its hardly any louder than stock (Hard to tell with even quiet mani and system). But I DONT want to go to induction because of noise.

I figure if I route the inlet forward and under headlight to catch some colder air than it gets as standard - it can't be worse as a system. Plus with some yellow hose and aluminium pipe - will look a bit nicer too.

This is how it's now going to be on remap MK2....so I'll kind of be stuck with it after that !!!

Nice one Shuv, as always your attention to detail is spot on! Glad you're happy with it, even it perhaps didn't get you the volume you anticipated... Cold air feed sounds interesting!

Cheers buddy.

Cold air more important than tone of sound......:wink:

I THINK I could hear a LITTLE more induction noise today though on first proper drive.

Deffo glad I'm going this route now.

Sounds like the best option - at least you can always come back to the induction kit in the future, rather than having gone down that route first off, and then having to backtrack if you didn't like it :smile: especially where the remap is concerned.