Smokey

MikeLYR27

Supercharged Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What does it mean when ur driving a long, the engine cuts out and loads of smoke comes from the engine?

Well I'm pulled up on the side of the road and nothing is wrking lol! Wat a sh1t day!!!!!! Reckon it's ****ed tbh.

Doesnt sound good lad.....

Have your recently filled with oil or made any changes etc ?

Last edited:
Oh god!!! Well I can safely say they arent supposed to do that!

When you say nothing is working, will it just not turn over, or are all of the electrics out???

Everything is out electrics tho lot. no I havnt checked. Due a service on 2k so you think it wud be ok. After lookin under the hood it's dry, Not happy, gonna top it up every week from now on. 190 bhp to jack shit in 0.5 seconds. Happy bunny I am not.

...was the exhaust smoking? do the lights etc come on on the dash? Could be a serious electrical short...starter motor staying engaged?.....you still under warranty?

Nothing from the exhaust no, no lights on dash, radio, nothing electrical at all, something sounded like it was on under the bonnet so could be the starter motor?! Could this cause the smoke? It's goin to my local garage later so I'll find out for sure then. Hope my engine hasn't gone but think that's some hefty wishful thinking from me lol!

Lol yeah I guessed you would as I have the same amount left!

The started motor could have burnt out if it it had stayed on which would have caused a lot of smoke, would explain why no electrics and nothing coming from exhaust. Engine should be ok but it will all be sorted under warranty as its not something you could do about it!

Got an itg, which I'll swap back, but have o different back box so nowt I can do about that, but no other mods so should be ok (ihope) lol! I really hope it's just starter motor lol! Fingers eyes feckin everything crossed lol Thanks for the comments boys, I'll keep you updated, should find out later today :smile:

...if it is a starter motor problem you've been lucky you didn't get a fire! Lots of Alfa's and Pugs went up in smke a few years ago due to this issue!!

back box shouldn't affect it as its not covered at a guess.

no smoke from it would indicate engine is ok and would usually make lots of noise and spit bits out, so yeah i'd say electrical.

don't touch it just get it towed asap mate.

wtf there are more and more posts like these lately

it seems these cars are supposed to work for a limited period only

my car is with the dealer for the past 5 days with the engine open to bits - still no fix found

update guys. Got it back to my local garage for to keep there till renault can take it away. The con rod has blown through the block, big fist shaped hole in it so not good news! But least it will be warrenty and not because it was starved of any lubricants! It was pissin out clean oil! So im on the case now, rung one dealer an hour ago and left a message no reply so far so they clearly dont want it. Gonna ring brighton where i bought it from and see what they say. Such a pain!