Smokey

I've just come back from Brighton! What is the name of the dealer? Is it Tates?

If no joy with them, try Dinnages in Haywards Heath - they are pretty good!

its goin to west sussex motors in worthing mate. Thats where i bought it from, think its just a service depot now.

foxspeed....please tell me that they got replaced under warrenty with no problems, and i 'new' engine. no recon!

foxspeed....please tell me that they got replaced under warrenty with no problems, and i 'new' engine. no recon!

one i know of inparticular - they tried rejecting the warranty as he had used an independant to service it and they claimed the "wrong oil was used" - which to be honest doesnt cause a con rod to break - anyway with a bit of involvement from ruk they accepted the claim and fitted a complete engine

Mike, you should have sent the car to Wests in Bedford - they have a good rep!

Gutted to hear your news, I text you the other day but realised it was to your old number!!

I didnt think about wests. Should of done that really. Oh well its gone to where i bought it from and they have always been pretty good so fingers crossed. Ill pm you my new num mate.

I didnt think about wests. Should of done that really. Oh well its gone to where i bought it from and they have always been pretty good so fingers crossed. Ill pm you my new num mate.

I have my fingers crossed for you mate.

I hope mine gets sorted soon too. Am immensely pissed off that a "new" car fails its first mot lol!!!

Cheers mike! Ill keep this thread updated as much as i can. Trouble is i was a muppet and everytime i got it serviced i never bothered getting my book stamped (serviced locally) because i never intended on selling the car ever. I can only find my most recent 2 service invoices, missing the first one! So im waiting for my mechanic to get his copy from his records then fax em over to renault so they can get started. So its feckin annoying that nothing is happening yet, so will hopefully no more this week. My own stupid fault tho! Lesson learned! lol I really miss the R27 sooooo much! Been driving hire cars since and my mums audi and there so boring!

Bad news mike, is yours gettin sorted? Hope it goes through next time with no hassle!!

Last edited:
Cheers mike! Ill keep this thread updated as much as i can. Trouble is i was a muppet and everytime i got it serviced i never bothered getting my book stamped (serviced locally) because i never intended on selling the car ever. I can only find my most recent 2 service invoices, missing the first one! So im waiting for my mechanic to get his copy from his records then fax em over to renault so they can get started. So its feckin annoying that nothing is happening yet, so will hopefully no more this week. My own stupid fault tho! Lesson learned! lol I really miss the R27 sooooo much! Been driving hire cars since and my mums audi and there so boring!

Bad news mike, is yours gettin sorted? Hope it goes through next time with no hassle!!

We have no service receipts for our little black clio 1.4 as we do it all ourselves lol!

Bad news when it comes to sell, but we aren't going to.

It WILL pass the MOT, or else I'll be ringing up Barclaycard AGAIN and disputing the Car Purchase Transaction. It will get fixed without fail. :wink:

Well after 3 long stressful weeks with Renault they have finally given the authority code to do the work! The guy I was dealing with at west Sussex motors was fantastic, really helped me with the whole thing, brilliant!!! Can't recommend them enough. Should get it back in 2/3 weeks with new engine, new rear bumper front splitter and cup spoiler, I can't wait! (I'm paying for the body work lol) I'll get sum pics wen I get it back,I can't wait, I've missed it sooooo much!!!

Thats good news then! I cant believe it has already taken so long!

I wouldn't be happy being without my R27 for this long either!

At least you will have some nice additions when you get it back too! 8)

No they havnt, I will find out tho because I'm very interested! But even they might not no, I doubt they have taken it to bits tbh, I'll update if I find out :smile:

No they havnt, I will find out tho because I'm very interested! But even they might not no, I doubt they have taken it to bits tbh, I'll update if I find out :smile:

thanks and glad its sorted

my money is on a con rod failure :angry:

I bet you have a countdown timer everywhere you look now :wink:

Lol tell me about it mate, it's been agony waiting as it is!! Waiting even more is a pain but at least I don't have to worry now and that it will get done!! Big relief, I've been so stressed, not sleepin much etc! Will look forward to gettin it back! It's gonna cost in the region of 10k! :0