Smokey

Dont let it put you off mate, think ive just been unlucky. Ive never heard of this before!! Well not that i know about. Cracking cars, i still love mine!

oh dont get me wrong mike i love my car to bits just a shame when you hear things like this happening !! espesh as we all thought it was electrical !

ignore me reading fail

Oh my god! Thats a new one! I think you will be getting a 200 engine in there then!

Quite bad for me to ask, but have you got any pictures???

Special edition = Special problems lol

lol that made me laugh!!

Ill get some pics, the aa are picking it up in about an hour so i gotta go back to the garage anyway! 200 engine, really? New box as well then?! Either way i wont settle for anything other than brand new. My mechanic is marking the top just incase they put a new bottom end on andleave the old one on!!

Ill get some pics, the aa are picking it up in about an hour so i gotta go back to the garage anyway! 200 engine, really? New box as well then?! Either way i wont settle for anything other than brand new. My mechanic is marking the top just incase they put a new bottom end on andleave the old one on!!

I would have thought it would be a 200 just because thats what they will be working with now I doubt they will have any 197 engines left lying around. I would certainly be asking the question of them just because you 'dont want the same thing happening again' :wink:

Good idea marking it I wouldn't be too happy if they only replace half after something like that!

it would be lush like a new car, when i use to have my mini it broke in every way, the suspention went first so got a new one fitted, out of warrenty but bmws fault so for free and it was like havin a new car again lol. then my gearbox went so they replaced that under warrenty to cuz i said what cars gearbox goes in 20k miles. even tho i was a shit with the car and ruined it tbh... so i got that free. then a clutch then i thought everything has been fixed sept the engin so better sell up lol...

but its amazing how much new things like that change the cars feel. makes you fall in love with it again despiste it just biting you in the butt

btw mike do you sometimes drive down the buckingham road??? as iv been a couple cars behind a ly r27 along there before... was gunna put it in spotted but never got round to it

Different ecu etc, they will either get a new bottom end or a recon 197 unit, maybe even. New 197 engine. It will be fxed the cheapest way, ie new engne or bottom end, whichever is cheapest option.

The top end is market so ill know if they have done that, wont be happy. I want a new one or its going back. No recon for me.

sorry to hear of your probs mate, very strange unheard of problem, it maybe just one of them things like you get with every car.

Maybe mate. Just been picked up by the AA and off to brighton. Anyone thinkin of signing up with them......dont ****** bother! Rudest ****ers ever, only signed up today to get it there and me/car got treated like sh1t! Not on a loading truck either, being dragged on the back of an aa van all the way there! Im absolutly livid!!!! A huge complaint will follow tomorrow morning!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: