snow foam

well iv had a lace for a while but the one that just goes on the hoes pipe but got a proper one of detailing world for a bargain and i love it think i used too much soap tho

a6cc7788.jpg

add your piks guys

Last edited:
I love SnowFoam!!!

My driveway always ends up looking like Marshmallow Man has melted on it though. :smiley:

Lads - that's nowt to how snowy mine gets! (aint got any pics though :worried::worried::worried: )

Mikey - they do, retail at around £50 with 5lts of foam at £15. You dont use much of the concentrate though :smile:

I'm going to purchase one of these today seeing them at that price. I'm only a very amateur car cleaner, but still like to make it look as good as possible.

What advantage does using the snow foam lance give and what is the process? Powerwash, Snowfoam, Sponge etc etc or just snow foam from the start?

Also what would be the recommended snow foam concentrate to buy, will the Super Snow Foam at £15.95 be fine and what is the best measure of concentrate to water in the lance?

Sorry for hijacking the thread with these questions haha!

I bought the super snow foam - sticks well :smile:

You spray the foam on first, onto the dry car, fill your wash bucket up whilst it soaks in, fill your rinse bucket whilst you powerwash the foam off, then wash as normal using the 2 bucket method :smile:

I notice Deako has his lance set different to me, i have mine set to a wider spray, more of a fan - seems to cover better and be more "fluffy" :smile:

I always clean the wheels first before snow foaming. Reason being that when you are jet washing the wheels, sometimes crap gets flicked onto the paint. My basic clean steps are:
- Clean wheels (using Bilberry wheel cleaner and wheel brush)
- Rinse wheels
- Snow foam (leave for 5 mins)
- Rinse
- Wash using 2x bucket method, wash mitts and Duragloss 901 Shampoo (going to try others soon)
- Rinse
- Dry using drying towels
- Apply tyre shine
- Done
(I think thats pretty much it)

Snow Foaming is awesome though. I love the looks I get on the street!!

Does anyone here snowfoam twice? As in use the first shot as a preclean and the second to soap the car ready for the two bucket method?

I always clean the wheels first before snow foaming. Reason being that when you are jet washing the wheels, sometimes crap gets flicked onto the paint. My basic clean steps are:
- Clean wheels (using Bilberry wheel cleaner and wheel brush)
- Rinse wheels
- Snow foam (leave for 5 mins)
- Rinse

I do the same - same stuff too mixed 50/50 with water, although i dont bother rinsing the wheels, i leave the Bilberry on and then cover it with the snow foam :smile:

Does anyone here snowfoam twice? As in use the first shot as a preclean and the second to soap the car ready for the two bucket method?

Not heard that one but i don't frequent detailing forums so takes me alittle time to catch up to the newest things on the block :thumbup:

DSCF1062.jpg

I'm going to purchase one of these today seeing them at that price. I'm only a very amateur car cleaner, but still like to make it look as good as possible.

What advantage does using the snow foam lance give and what is the process? Powerwash, Snowfoam, Sponge etc etc or just snow foam from the start?

Also what would be the recommended snow foam concentrate to buy, will the Super Snow Foam at £15.95 be fine and what is the best measure of concentrate to water in the lance?

Sorry for hijacking the thread with these questions haha!

Buy a wash mitt!

1 inch of snow foam then top up the bottle with water.

I snowfoam twice but also rinse off the second time. Some people leave it on then wash for a really foamy wash but I like to rinse to make sure as much dirt as possible is off before even touching the car.

Last edited:
I have an autobrite lance, karcher commercial pressure washer and bilt hamber autofoam. I never managed to get it to foam up like in the above photos and don't think it actually made the car any cleaner/easier to clean.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

The snow shouldnt go on too thick, if it is really thick, you arent mixing the ratio right. I have about 2cm of foam at the bottom of my bottle. The idea is for it to fall off the car. Like Curley and myself. It shouldnt just sit on the paint.

I pressure wash, foam, rinse, foam.

I havn't try snow foam but can someone tell me what does it do??

I'm car valeter, I use all other stuff but havn't try snow foam.

The idea is that it soaks into the grime and starts to lift it, thus helping to remove the worst before you hit the paint with a mitt and soap :smile:

Everytime you wash the car you are damaging the paint, so the less grime the better :smile: