snow foam

I have an autobrite lance, karcher commercial pressure washer and bilt hamber autofoam. I never managed to get it to foam up like in the above photos and don't think it actually made the car any cleaner/easier to clean.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

Depends what foam you are using tbh. The Bilt hamber isn't one that foams up alot, instead it cleans very well. Leave it for 4-5 minutes maximum.. don't let it dry on the car.

Rule of thumb is 1 inch foaming solution. Set you lance to the most negative (-) point then just turn it ever so slightly.

The dials confuse people but + is more water instead of more foaming solution.

Hope that helps.

At the moment I am using Megs Hyperwash as my foaming solution, it doesn't foam up really thick but has extremely good cleaning power vs. alot of dedicated foams.

Got myself one of these last week and had a play on saturday then did my dads on the sunday and got thicker foam then i did on my own !!!!!!

Any way here are my results

Snow Foamed
DSC_0001-1.gif
DSC_0002-2.gif
DSC_0003.gif

Shampooed
DSC_0004-1.gif
DSC_0005-2.gif

Chamiosed dry
DSC_0006-1.gif
DSC_0007-1.gif

Then out on the road while i clean the Clio
DSC_0008-2.gif

Heres the Clio all Snow Foamed up
DSC_0010-1.gif
DSC_0011-1.gif

Autobrite snowfoam lance, about an inch and a half of autobrite snowfoam concentrate plus half a centimetre of megs gold class shampoo. Filled with hot water.
IMGP4255.jpg

How much snow foam liquid is actually needed for a medium sized car like the clio?

Anyone know roughly how much it might cost per wash? Just wondering how worthwhile it might be in terms of effectiveness vs cost.

How much snow foam liquid is actually needed for a medium sized car like the clio?

Anyone know roughly how much it might cost per wash? Just wondering how worthwhile it might be in terms of effectiveness vs cost.

I can't be exact. The snowfoam I used before lasted a bazillion washes. True story haha. The 5 litres was about £15 or so, basically its pennies per wash.

The 1 litre bottle on the lance will foam the Clio twice, on a heavily soiled car you will need to make up 2 bottles.

There are skeptics that say it's pointless but you will see the dirt it drops off the car and it gets to areas that you might normally not get to clean. It also softens any left over dirt so lessens the possibility of marring your paintwork.

All I look at is when washing the foam off the back screen/tailgate after a week of driving it comes off grey! Those who say snowfoaming is useless are obviously colour blind and lack common sense!

As for how much, I use roughly 1.5 bottles per wash, but remember I foam twice - prewash and mitt wash-. That said though I was washing the car today and got heaps of foam from the bottle, close to double what I usually expect from the half litre autobrite bottles. So much so that I didnt even finish the whole thing :O Dont quite know whats going on there though as I haven't changed the settings

my karcher has an external hose to mix the detergent. would that not work?

Got one like that too, doesn't seem to work the same as it suds up but doesn't really cling or foam up properly so I've ordered a proper attachment like those used above and will see how it goes.

Snowfoam works best when you have a quality wax on the car.

As for how much to use, I put about 200ml of product in and make up to a litre. That then last me 5-10 goes depending on the time of year.

Safe on brakes yes :smile:

The snow foam attachment works by allowing air into the mix - the Karcher soap pipe just allows soap through hence it not doing the same job :smile:

I do my inner arches and wheels with the snow foam too :smile:

The reason I fancy this is to clean the underside if the car
And in the wheelarches etc where it's hard to get to. Seems a good idea.

It would be more useful to have an assortment of brushes, with long reach handles and some APC for the arches and underside. With some decent plastic treatment for afterwards. :smile:

Last edited: