Some gimp has bashed my car.....

Ryster

Paid Member
Had the 200 a month and already someone has scuffed the front bumper above the fog light. Fuming doesn't even come close. No idea where its happened, I washed it last weekend and there wasnt a mark, come to it tonight and scuffs all over the show, so I couldn't even attempt to track the tool down if I wanted.

A few years back I reversed into someones car and made a bit of mess, I left my details on a bit of paper and the guy rang me and thanked me for being honest and because of that fixed it himself. Wheres the honesty gone these days? The same thing happend to my orange ST a few years back as well, just makes you wonder whats the point in having nice things if people just dont give two fudges and are happy to make a mess and drive off.

Anyway, needed to get that off my chest. So, what am I looking at for a respray of the front bumper around the foglight area? I would get some pictures but its too dark now, im talking wheel arch to fog light area just to give an idea of size. One scratch has gone down to plastic and another has completely taken all the paint off.

Thanks people.....

I know how you feel, The day after i got mine someone nicked the RS badge off the front scuffing the black bit of the bumper in the process. There's some right degenerates around these days.

I know how u feel pal, my last car I bought from brand new and within a couple weeks it had a huge scuff round the front corner. couple months later someone was kind enough to do the other side. no contact details left!!!! we all work hard for nice things and its always someone else that has to ruin it!

No doubt some 90 year old who didn't have a clue.

Something chips away could do?

Been in your shoes years ago mate, went to pick up my car only to find out that someone had reversed (I guess) onto my front bumper which was left shagging from one side, damaged sticker and cracked side.

I hope they die. And I'm not joking either..

I know how you feel RYSTER noticed tonight some plank has bumped mine aswell, just in front of passenger side rear wheel a vertical crease and the sideskirt has been pushed in.Not a happy bunny at all..Still trying to figure out how they did it."muppets"..Should be shot if found.

No doubt some 90 year old who didn't have a clue.

Something chips away could do?

Possibly, hopefully! Will get it looked at over the next few days and see what the cost will be. Here was me thinking buying a black car would be easier to deal with than a silly coloured one!

Think they charge around 50-60 for a smart repair. Or is it something that will polish out.

Sorry to hear that Ryster. I know it's a massive ball ache, but it's worth you spending the money to get it sorted out - if you don't, it'll just pee you off every time you see it.

What gets to me is how damn respectful I am when I park near any car that the owner clearly takes pride in. I open my door as if it was about to fall off, and I make sure none of my zips scuff their car. It's just a natural thing to do, right? Yet some mugs just throw their door open into yours, leaving a nice chip and dent in the process...or worse yet...just bloomin' drive into you.

It's got to the point now where I'm selective about who or what car I park next to. Well kept BMW M3 = yes, a Corsa C with a missing hub cap = no.

I bet this bugs any enthusiast.

Hope you get it sorted man.

I know how you feel mate, ive had the worst two days :/ havent had any incidents in 4 years and now two come in the space of two days. Yesterday someone reversed into my rear bumper and today I clipped an illegally parked car just before a junction, then i went back to see the car i clipped and it had vanished so ive spent all this evening filling out a police statement.

And why is it you park miles away from any car only to come back and find a ****ter parked right next to you and there are loads of empty spaces all around, swear they do it to piss you off, I drive round ages at supermarket to find a decent space. Mrs goes mad, I only got a 08 plate but still want it to look good and take care no matter how old it is

And why is it you park miles away from any car only to come back and find a ****ter parked right next to you and there are loads of empty spaces all around, swear they do it to piss you off, I drive round ages at supermarket to find a decent space. Mrs goes mad, I only got a 08 plate but still want it to look good and take care no matter how old it is

Why do people do this!!!?? I've had my bumper scratched by someone in a car park so I make sure I park at the furthest point, on my own with no one around. Get back to it and with a million other spaces, have still parked next to me. Proper boils my piss.
Now I park in two spaces and I don't care who I annoy by doing it. God help anyone that's says anything to me about it.

Sorry to hear that, what a ball ache!

because of stories like these I park the car away from other or if I can't then ill just double park.

Dont care are who I annoy, rather not have to resprayed LY paint...

hope it it all gets sorted

Thanks lads; got chips away coming out this week for a look. Its not *that* bad but as its there I now look at it everytime I get in the car and it annoys me!

It's because people can't park for toffee, they can't see the lines on the floor so they need to judge a space by another car.

I feel your pain, someone has opened a door onto mine at work, right on the drivers door swage line, I can see it everytime I open the door, worse thing is I went to my car to put my work bag in and all was well, went to clock out and a chat, came out 15 mins later and there was the crease standing out like a sore thumb, no more car parked next to me, I could do with being hypnotised to see if I can remember who/what was parked at the side of me.