Spending dilemma £1000 to spend on what?

Opinions please folks .

I was going to get my seats retrimmed, mainly because I don't want to wear through my recaros and be left with tatty seats.however I've just seen a brand new seat base for sale which I could buy and save in case I do wear through mine. I do like the standard recaros too. So do I retrim? Do I buy the seat base and use the £1000 for other stuff? What would you do? And if you'd use the money to buy other stuff them please say what and why.

Cheers Dave

£1000 for a retrim?Edge are doing a group buy for full leather for £630.you could spend the rest on some nice sticky tyres or a catback.

Inevitably the recaros will wear though. It's most noticeable on the lower bolster so buying a seat base is a good idea for the future. However, I'd be more concerned with preventing the wear - careful entry/exit and a quality seat cover. Certainly less expensive than getting a full retrim.

For the £950 left over (sub seat cover) I would, if you haven't already, put on a set of good tyres. Not cheap, but you'll notice a world of difference - AD08s are a good choice.
Secondly, with ~£500 in the bank I'd browse Ktec's website and see what tickled my fancy. Probably their induction kit and remap.

Would be interesting to see what other people think.

I'd say it depends how bad your seats are?

Or you could do what I'm trying to convince myself to do - £1000 on KTR cat-back, induction kit and re-map :smile:

Though as above, Akrapovic Evo is a good shout.

James

I already have seat covers but can't see the point of having nice seats and covering them up. The 1 k retrim was a rough figure in case I wanted any extra bits doing.

Besides... Talk about first world problems lol.

37698151.jpg

1k could get you a decent exhaust, induction kit and remap.

Akropovic is a great system but at double the cost of other systems you have to ask is it worth an extra £500 to you.

Last edited:
Cheers for the opinions,I'm guessing I need to pay for membership to read that edge link. Will pay soon,I'm dead superficial so I guess I shall probably still do the seats first.

Cheers for the opinions,I'm guessing I need to pay for membership to read that edge link. Will pay soon,I'm dead superficial so I guess I shall probably still do the seats first.

Yeah forgot you need to be a member to join the edge group buy,get your name down once you have joined more the better saving:thumbup:

I guess it was a pointless question really as I've still decided to do the interior.looks like I got the price wrong too nearer £1500. Thanks for the suggestions,tyres are to be replaced anyway next month for mot time....won't be doing trackdays though,they are reserved for my motorbikes.