What are you spending on fuel?

Hi guys, I'm keen to know what the rest of you are spending on fuel. Without sounding like a complete hermit and tight b*stard!

In the week, the car ( 58' 197 ) is pretty much used only for running me to work. I work 6 miles away from home and do that journey 5 times in the week. So, in total I'm doing 60 miles worth of work mileage a week. Going by the range, it should cost me no more than £20 if all I'm using it for is work..?! Oh, and of course the odd journey to the shop, parents.. whatever!

I'm struggling to get by on any less than £50 worth of petrol in a week. I'd be interested to know what the rest of you are forking out!

:smile:

i used to spank massive petrol commuting 20 miles each way filling up once a week. now i do about 8 miles to and from work and visit my girlfriend 17 miles away at the weekends and maybe once in a week and fill up no more than 1 every 2 weeks which i think is wpretty good going seeings as once its warm i dont hang around!

Anything between £60-150 a week for me, depends on where I have to go for business. If I do the South wales trip thats £50 each way. fortunately most of it comes out of the business.

In my 200 I do 225 miles a week commuting to work and back. At 32mpg (approx) that works out at about £42 every five working days. So on average, including other regular driving i'd guestimate an average fuel spend of £50-60 per week.

Not cheap!

I only use mine for social weekend use :smile: for the week I have a mk1 Clio 1.4 which does about £20 a week :wink:

I fill it about 2 -2.5 times a month so roughly £130-£160 per month for mine. The GF uses it for her Uni commute twice a week (6mile round trip), then the rest is just social use.

I commute Bournemouth to Reading and back twice a week generally + Social Use, I'm doing just about £100 - £130 (This comes out of my own pocket too)

On my Motorway commute, I sit at 60Mph to squeeze out every last little Mile so I got more left in the tank to boot it on my fav B-Roads :smile:

Last edited:
£40 a week if its just work and the odd trip to parents/friends. however I managed £35 alone Saturday night....... :wink:

£40 a week if its just work and the odd trip to parents/friends. however I managed £35 alone Saturday night....... :wink:

That sounds about the same as me to be fair. I'm just noticing I'm filling up every other day at the moment. I've tried adapting my driving to granny-like gear changes etc on the normal day-to-day work driving, and having a little fun once in a while. I guess while it's a performance car, it's also my mode of transport to work and I need to be able to afford to fuel it.

I'm fairly convinced these cars run very rich - it be interesting to see some data.

Even when driving very carefully I'm lucky to see 30mpg. I know the 197/200 is heavier than the 1*2 but the difference in fuel consumption seems disproportionate.

I used to do 70 a week when I first had the car, now that lasts me almost 2 weeks.
Car is my only car so it's used for everything.

About a tank full a month for me. It's only about 4 miles to work, and if I can I do all the boring drives in my Scenic and keep the interesting drives for the Clio.
Still get a bit excited when a journey comes up that is earmarked for the Clio and the route will give me the option for a bit of fun.