Stopping pad deposits?

How can I stop my pads leaving deposits on the discs? Only seem to get the problem on front discs, using carbone lorraine pads

I found using the handbrake instead of sitting with ure foot on the brake helps. Also strip clean n rub up of the disk removes all the crap.

Ure using 2 piece disks arnt u? I have same problem an it reall really annoys me. I thght it was the red stuff but now u say it it makes me feel a bit better

Iirc people made the same complaints about both sets of pads on the 182, OE FTW :wink: lol

Agree with Maz there, having said that the deposits I get on the rears from putting the hand brake on aren't amusing at all!

sounds like its the pads at fault - as for stopping it - probably grooved discs

dont have any issues with the ds2500 :thumbup1:

Yea I'm using the KTEC 2-piece grooved discs, only very slight problem on these but I had it badly on the OE Brembo discs.

Will try using the handbrake more, see if that helps. If not will have to just clean the discs up more often as the CL pads are just soooo good

Yea I'm using the KTEC 2-piece grooved discs, only very slight problem on these but I had it badly on the OE Brembo discs.

Will try using the handbrake more, see if that helps. If not will have to just clean the discs up more often as the CL pads are just soooo good

handbrake only works on the rears ! you said its the fronts....:s

Yep, problem is on the fronts so using the handbrake will stop the hot pads being in contact with the discs and leaving deposits?

Deposits were building up quite a bit again earlier in the week. I'd read on the web that using a harder pad could clear the deposits but seeing as I'm using a hard pad already (CL) I decided to just go out and do the pad bedding in procedure again (70mph-10mph 5 or 6 times) which seems to have cleared them quite nicely.

Am trying to use the handbrake more at traffic lights etc. and seems to have slowed down the deposition rate