Stopping speaker grille rattle

I was getting some buzzing from my rear speakers, so bought some anti-squeak tape from eBay to eliminate it.

1. Removing rear grilles - I did this using my fingernails. This helps prevent you from snapping the plastic. Be patient...they will pop out!

2. Applied anti squeak tape. I cut this in half as it comes quite wide. Then I applied it all the way around the back of the grille using my nails to ensure the tape adhered to the part that sits against the car.

ad5e04bb.gif

b7dca2e7.gif

3. Whilst I had the grille off, I added a sheet of silent coat to the outer skin. There is a pad added by the factory, but I added this stuff as it worked well in previous installs:

a271b828.jpg

4. Clicked it all back together and it now has no rattles at all!

Problem solved!

Were you getting the buzzing due to the speakers playing or just in general?

I ask this as I have a 200 that doesn't come with rears speakers so I'm not sure if its worth it?

sounds like a good solution to many of Renault's ill fitting interior trim!

Were you getting the buzzing due to the speakers playing or just in general?

I ask this as I have a 200 that doesn't come with rears speakers so I'm not sure if its worth it?

Only when playing music. It never buzzed just by itself, so I wouldn't do it if I had no rear speakers.

Thanks for this I have been having some vibration from one of the rear speakers for some time but I have never got round to fixing it! I think this was the kickstart I needed, so I will head out tomorrow and remedy the problem! Thanks a lot mate :thumbup:

No probs...glad it inspired! lol It will definately pay off when I swap the speakers out too!

Just got to assess the fronts to see if I can squeeze 6.5" components in. Would rather do this than have 5.25" up front.