Things that irritate you while driving?

fezza555

Paid Member
So I was thinking about all the things that really bug me when I am driving in the Clio. Turns out I have a few, so here they are:

- Driving on a nice road only to have your fun completely ruined by getting stuck behind a Honda Jazz or Nissan Micra. Then having to sit behind them or perhaps drive a bit over zealous to get past them.

- Park up in a space away from everybody, only to return and have someone parked really close to me. Which is even more annoying as the Clio doors seem particularly large.. lol

- Sitting at a junction waiting to join a road with the traffic going sub 10mph yet refuse to let you out onto the road.

So what things bug you guys when driving?? GOO.... :smile:

Reactions: ///M and boultonn
in no particular order...

middle lane hoggers
those that drive at 40mph in 20/30/50/60
vehicles joining a motorway thinking they have right of way
not indicating on roundabouts and busy junctions and joining motorways
vehicles sat in third lane of a four lane motorway when lanes 1 & 2 are empty
queuing for petrol in the entrance rather than pulling up to a pump

Have to agree 100% with this one:

- Park up in a space away from everybody, only to return and have someone parked really close to me. Which is even more annoying as the Clio doors seem particularly large.. lol

I am very careful about any car I have owned I hate this when it happens always had the same when I had an elise you need doors wide open to get in/out!.

And agree also on these two:

middle lane hoggers - every f*&^(*g day on the motorway some utter c%$t sat doing 50 and the inside lane is clear as a bell.

those that drive at 40mph in 20/30/50/60 - dont get me started on this road to my house is a lovely twisty road it goes 50, 40, 30 and I stick to every one somehow some d1ck always sits at 35-41 and infact usual speeds up when you enter the village which is 30 which has a school on the main road...drives me nuts.

Ok heres mine:

Lunatics that overtake when your driving to the speed limit ie 30 through a village and some impatient ball bag decides he needs to drive at 70 and overtake 2 cars.

People who block access to my driveway and garage - this amazes me some people must drive f&*^&*g blind folded.

People that insist in driving at 110 on the motorway who than flash you or sit on your tail until you get out the way.

Trucks on the motorway who decide to overtake another slow ass truck they then block both lanes for 3 miles.

I never understood this one, people who buy a convertible then middle of summer have the roof up...utter twats.

In the clio people that think you 'want some', just overtake me and get on with it I have no time for that BS on a public road.

Agree with pretty much everything above,
Especially hate lorries overtaking (elephant races) on dual carriage uphill,
And slow drivers... and people in horrible cars (nissan juke, vauxhall agila etc.)

All of the above plus people who seem incapable of maintaining a steady pace on a long run. One minute they're doing 55, then 45, then 60. Drives me nuts.
People who overtake me and promptly slow down to 5 or 10 mph slower than the speed I was driving at.

Reactions: ///M
Have to agree 100% with this one:

I am very careful about any car I have owned I hate this when it happens always had the same when I had an elise you need doors wide open to get in/out!.

And agree also on these two:

middle lane hoggers - every f*&^(*g day on the motorway some utter c%$t sat doing 50 and the inside lane is clear as a bell.

those that drive at 40mph in 20/30/50/60 - dont get me started on this road to my house is a lovely twisty road it goes 50, 40, 30 and I stick to every one somehow some d1ck always sits at 35-41 and infact usual speeds up when you enter the village which is 30 which has a school on the main road...drives me nuts.

Ok heres mine:

Lunatics that overtake when your driving to the speed limit ie 30 through a village and some impatient ball bag decides he needs to drive at 70 and overtake 2 cars.

People who block access to my driveway and garage - this amazes me some people must drive f&*^&*g blind folded.

People that insist in driving at 110 on the motorway who than flash you or sit on your tail until you get out the way.

Trucks on the motorway who decide to overtake another slow ass truck they then block both lanes for 3 miles.

I never understood this one, people who buy a convertible then middle of summer have the roof up...utter twats.

In the clio people that think you 'want some', just overtake me and get on with it I have no time for that BS on a public road.
One word TACO you do not have so leave earlier

Middle lane cunts, generally a shitroen picasso or berlingo ect

People who brake every five fucking seconds and not maintain a constant speed

People who pull out to overtake and don't put there foot down and get past

People with lack of road anticipation, etc cars coming up behind them, pull out to over take, cars not moving over when they can see you are running out of slip road when the 2nd lane is free

Too many to list... (some echo the above so i'm glad i'm not alone)

When the light goes green yet the person in front is incapable of moving off at a decent speed. I don't mean floor it and wheel spin etc, just GOOOOOOO.

People who see my car and the fly up my arse wanting a 'play'. Piss off!!

People who stay at the same speed no matter the speed limit. If it's 60, I'll do 60. If it slows down to 40, I'll slow down to 40. Its strange that that annoys some people :tongueout:

in no particular order...

middle lane hoggers
those that drive at 40mph in 20/30/50/60
vehicles joining a motorway thinking they have right of way
not indicating on roundabouts and busy junctions and joining motorways
vehicles sat in third lane of a four lane motorway when lanes 1 & 2 are empty
queuing for petrol in the entrance rather than pulling up to a pump

The last one is bloody dangerous and causes all sorts of 'issues' when the queue / blockage then spills onto the road. Which i've seen plenty of times.

My biggest pet-hate is slowing down to let someone out of a side road and giving them plenty of time / space to join in the flow.
But they fail to move, so you now gesture them to come out with your hand: as well as flashing your lights. Again.
By now i'm nearly at a standstill and almost on top of them. So again i flash and wave them out.
Its at this point you can now see the driver who's either looking right through you - or completely the other way.
Either way - they dont really understand whats happening or just arent aware of whats going on around them....
So down the gearbox i go - accelerating again (Past the numpty still sitting at the junction) and catch up to the traffic infront.

****Happens a lot round here.

Reactions: Johnny 99 and ///M
Really love this thread! Good to know we all see it. I like to think as a group of driving enthusiasts, we're probably well above average driving standards. Certainly seems so from my experience.

Biting my tongue a bit here. I could write a whole essay on this subject!!!

Being a passenger when my wife is driving:triumph:

Stops for absolutely everyone and everything. Think she just looks for a thank you wave all the time!

Never goes above the speed limit even if I'm gagging for a poo:grin:

Drives me crazy.

Last edited:
Really love this thread! Good to know we all see it. I like to think as a group of driving enthusiasts, we're probably well above average driving standards. Certainly seems so from my experience.

Biting my tongue a bit here. I could write a whole essay on this subject!!!
I see things very differently being 6 feet of the ground

I get most irritated by Kev @nutnutwelshman holding me up going through Eau Rouge :worried:

I joke, but seriously the thing that irritates me most is people lane hogging/holding up the fast lanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmy