clio rs 200 turbo uk spec details

now the spec is known would you buy one?

• yes - i would

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • no - still not convinced

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%

• Total voters
even so if not done back to back then still a bit meaningless in a statisitcal way of things due to not being repeatable :thumb1:

what as interesting is "car" magazine artical about how the new 208gti is just as powerful got more torque lower emissions is lighter and has a 6-speed manual box.....as they said probably this edc not as good as all the hype :innocent:

Last edited:
I don't think anyone would be buying a new 200T because they wanted a faster RS. I think it will just be a case of its a new RS Clio that has warranty.

The only way to gauge appeal would be to offer new 200's with warranty side by side with the new 200T and its warranty.

Then performance differences becomes relevant for the new car buyer.

I've hardly seen any new STs either. I'd say I see five Focus RSs to every one new ST I see. I have also NEVER seen a new Astra VXR. Everytime I see a GTC I always look closely to see if it's a VXR and it never is.

even so if not done back to back then still a bit meaningless in a statisitcal way of things due to not being repeatable :thumb1:

what as interesting is car magazine artical about how the new 208gti is just as powerful got more torque lower emissions is lighter and has a 6-speed manual box.....as they said probably this edc not as good as all the hype :innocent:

The tests were done back to back, they had a group test of the Williams, 172, 182, 200 and 200T. From my broken French they preferred the older car.

Whilst in Paris I had chance to Pop into a Renault garage and check one out in the flesh. My opinion hasn't changed, in fact its been reinforced that this new car is def not for me and very ugly.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone would be buying a new 200T because they wanted a faster RS. I think it will just be a case of its a new RS Clio that has warranty.

The only way to gauge appeal would be to offer new 200's with warranty side by side with the new 200T and its warranty.

Then performance differences becomes relevant for the new car buyer.

Also consider that the new 200T is more efficient, easier to live with day to day, more practical and in the real world faster than the old 200.

All these benefits and only a smidge slower than the more focussed old 200.

Funny how everyone was convinced there would be a hardcore version of the outgoing 200, it didn't happen so don't keep your hopes up for the 200T. It appears that Renault are not in that market anymore, plus it would have to compete with a lot of serious metal if they increased the price.

Think one of the Renault execs has already confirmed there'll be a "more focussed" Gordini version of the 200T.

Why would you want a Williams though? 3rd worst team in F1 at present.

Think one of the Renault execs has already confirmed there'll be a "more focussed" Gordini version of the 200T.

I'd put money on it that the qualifications for "a more focused" version are different for an executive of Renault and a die hard renaultsport fan.

You'd think it would be a Red Bull version, even though they already did a version of that of the 200.

Honestly how many have you seen on the road? I know my local dealer hasn't sold any ST Focus' this year.

I see thee of them on my way to work most days, I saw 2 of them within about 500 yards of each other on the M1 yesterday. For a car that's been out <12months I'd say they're doing pretty well. If I'm honest I probably see more of them than I do Megane RS's or VXR's (latest gen) and they've both been out MUCH longer.

IF Renault make a hardcore version I hope they don't expect it to sell well, the price bracket will be too competitive. Although I'd still like to see them make one, the hardcore fans deserve one.

that would mean having wider front wings...something it aint going to get!

one magazine likend it to the front of the espace :thumb1:

Would mean more than wider front wings, rest of the far would need to he in proportion so a total re-design would be needed. I know it will never happen though.

I saw that article comparing it to an Espace in the looks department. I wouldn't disagree to be honest.

Its just evolution and economics. The 1*2 owners had (and are still having) the same discussion about the 197/200. Its hard to be objective, when you still own the out-going model. Looks are so subjective and the 200 was hardly thought of as a 'looker'.

For those who enjoy the purity of the NA RS, enjoy it cause we'll never see the likes of this type of car again.

Equally, you don't have to buy the new one-but I'm sure some eventually will though....just as soon as their pcp runs out, and they're asked to cough up 4 grand or hand the car back.

Last edited: