Considering megane conversion

Stephenvenning

Gold Member
I've been interested in this conversion since I've got the car and now my cam belt is due I might as well do it now. Was going to buy an engine and rebuild it and get it painted and looking shiny. Then give it to Ktec to put in my car. How much money does this roughly cost for most people if I'm only aiming at around 270 bhp

Depends on spec and what gearbox, how cheaply you can find parts.

If you keep the Clio box, 3 grand?

Okay not to bad, and yeah I'd keep the 197 gearbox for the shorter ratios, I'm more interested in acceleration to top speed

Ste charges £1500 to do the conversion, with you supplying the parts. So it literally is just how cheap you can find them.

Yeah turbo and injectors and loom I think. The engine will be completely stripped and rebuilt with arp bolts and possibly forged con rods

Yeah just saw the advert, not bad if it's a genuine low mileage one.

Is there a way to check over an engine anyone?

Impulse ebay buys FTW!

£650 sounds like a good buy! I've looked every now and then at them on ebay and most are closer to a grand and have no ancillaries!

I know that what I was thinking, if it is not in the best shape I'll get most of the money back in parts. I'm a Cnc operator so can easily get parts made up for it if I want. I'll do a build thread of the engine rebuild, as I'll take my time with it, as don't have the money now to put it in the clio, it will take time to save up