Considering megane conversion

if your going to spend decent money on a clutch make your gear box selection very carefully make sure that's the one your going to defiantly going to stick with through out the build as you can only use the Clio flywheel clutch and box together and the meg fly clutch and box together so spend wisely

Ill decide once Ive got the engine how and i can judge then. You can always come help me if i get stuck as you live so close :wink:

Guys, just wondering will only the engines, ecu and looms coming off the 225/230 fit directly with our Clios or can we use the newer 250/265?

Guys, just wondering will only the engines, ecu and looms coming off the 225/230 fit directly with our Clios or can we use the newer 250/265?

You can use the 250 engine bit not the gearbox, loom or ecu.There's loads of threads about it so have a search.

Ill decide once Ive got the engine how and i can judge then. You can always come help me if i get stuck as you live so close :wink:
Meg gearbox is stronger, and if you bought a r26 box you'd have LSD.. granted not as good as a quaife one but still worth having and could save you £££. Personally I dislike the 197 box changing gear feels like its done nothing, it feels a closer ratio imo.

No reports on meg boxes blowing up yet with 320+ bhp and equal torque figures.

I'm also interested in going down this route. Has anyone got any pre & post performance data (1/4mile, circuit timings, etc) to share that show the improvements via the stopwatch?

I'm also interested in going down this route. Has anyone got any pre & post performance data (1/4mile, circuit timings, etc) to share that show the improvements via the stopwatch?
That question can't exactly be answered because there is going to be complete difference in whatever spec you build.

But it won't take a genius to work out that if you're going to add another 50 - 100 brake to your car, its going to be considerably quicker.

Yup..
NA has **** loads of power lag. Meg starts to build boost at 2.5k.
0 to painful grin from ear to ear in 0.2 seconds.

who's the best person/company for the conversion? heard a few people mention ste and stec- been trying to find more info but it's a bit of a nightmare wading through pages of posts

[MENTION=3203]Rogue[/MENTION]
Am I blind or I can't find a trader section with 'Ste' as the title :smile: Have you got a link?

Does the megane forge boost pipes fit a clio conversion? [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]
and what uprated fmic would you suggest?