Considering megane conversion

If you've got time and money, more so time.. Take it easy and build the car proper :smile: do it right the first time and not rush it into the car, personally, I'd use the Clio box for a little while, as long as your not thrashing it through gears it'll be fine, just no diff.

id spent as much time and money getting the engine right, and it saves a bit of cost if that could be part 2 to the build, the gearbox/clutch choice etc.

Wouldn't be a project if it was all done in one go. That's the way I'd look at it to save money lol

Yeah your exactly right, I'm gonna take my time and save up for some nice forged parts and clutch etc. I'm an apprentice too so money is hardly exactly readily available :lol: and I'll use this engine build as a HNC project for college next year.

I've got a meg box in mine with a quaife diff.....makes the car liveable on a day to day basis and cruises the motorway far better than the clio box IMO.
People are going on about chasing bigger power with these meg conversions, but there really isn't much need for it! I'm running 275bhp and don't really feel the need for more power as it rapes most big powerd cars through the twisties anyway :wink:

There's a few bits that need finishing off to be honest, a few stupid electrical faults that appear from time to time, which Ktec should sort really as they done it all.
Thanks for that Kev, but surely shakeys or Litchys are the ones to have?

Yeah I know that it's well proven, just a few niggles that need to be sorted, like it flashes up with "low battery" every now and then for no reason! And it also doesn't start sometimes and then when it does, it doesn't recognise the throttle :/ so you have to lock the car, wait five minutes and start again. Just those bits and it will be sorted :smile:

Yeah I know that it's well proven, just a few niggles that need to be sorted, like it flashes up with "low battery" every now and then for no reason! And it also doesn't start sometimes and then when it does, it doesn't recognise the throttle :/ so you have to lock the car, wait five minutes and start again. Just those bits and it will be sorted :smile:

Sounds like an ecu problem....

I believe that's what it is, it runs fine no problem, just every know and then it does it, say once every 250 startups....it's done it twice since I've owned the car :/
I'm working I'm afraid Kev!

[MENTION=4271]leeboy[/MENTION]

I had the very same problem for 2 years, Renault replaced the Alternator and battery under warranty and it still kept doing it. It got to the point where every now and then the battery would just drain and come up with all sorts of warning lights.

Eventually discovered it was a dodgy connection on the red fuse block that attaches to the positive terminal of the battery. Opened it up removed the green plug and you could see where it had been arcing as it was all burnt.

Since replacing it I've had no issues at all, part was under £15 top so a cheap fix. Not saying that's your problem but worth getting under the bonnet and having a look

Yeah your exactly right, I'm gonna take my time and save up for some nice forged parts and clutch etc. I'm an apprentice too so money is hardly exactly readily available :lol: and I'll use this engine build as a HNC project for college next year.

if your going to spend decent money on a clutch make your gear box selection very carefully make sure that's the one your going to defiantly going to stick with through out the build as you can only use the Clio flywheel clutch and box together and the meg fly clutch and box together so spend wisely