Corsa VXR to Clio 197/200

If you're ever at a show and get to sit in an original AC Cobra or a Ferrari F40 then jump in and have a cheeky prod of the clutch. It's like trying to leg press Vanessa Feltz in those things, although the F40 is slightly lighter.

A sign of impending greatness, the heavy clutch. :smile:
Great quote :jase:

I think in about 5 years time there be loads of vxr's out there that have a few trips into halfords, bling wheels and extra kit etc.

Don't get me wrong, i dare say there be a few clios having the same treatment, but not on the same scale.

My mate has a garage and i find it quite disturbing how many young lads have managed to buy a 172/182 and cock them up with big chrome wheels and body kit add ons.

But i think the vxr will be the next boy racer trendsetter :scared:
172 Springs to mine when talking about the chav treatment... 182 is slowly getting its fair share but not as bad as some of the 172's I've seen. Won't be long until the new bread gets their hands on the 197/200 sadly. But that's just how it is, prices drop to the level that chavs can afford and bang there goes the range. By that time we would have all moved on to newer cars and see these about and think to ourselves 'I use to have one of those, what have they done to it....What a shame'.

No brand is safe no matter what we all think about our cars. I guess I haven't seen any of these 'chaved' up VXR's as I think they are still out of some peoples price range ATM just like the 197/200.

No.. no it wouldnt. Having a peddle that gives you no feedback, has no weight to it and feels like it isnt attached to anything would not make my car better for daily driving.
Depends what type of driving you do. If you do more city/town driving a lighter clutch is obviously going to sit well. But if using the car for non rush hour driving (start/stop) then you can live with it. I wouldn't say the clutch doesn't give you feedback as you press it and move the gear stick, what feedback do you need, or do you need a weighted pressure plate to know your pressing the clutch?

How can you base a 1.2 corsa C against anything in this thread?

I just found that pointless reading. A corsa Vxr would be a night and day difference in change over a 1.2 corsa c. It's a complete different shape, it's a D?
I was thinking the very same thing....? Can we chuck a 1.1 smart car into the mix? Just for good measure.

the Corsa C comparison makes no sense at all! Have a word with yourself man!

All the other criticisms are pretty fair to be honest. Ps don't underestimate just how well the corsa Burg handles. They have phenomenal cornering speed as withnessed in a couple of group tests. Reason i bring this up is suspension and LSD are easy and alot of corsas have them

I've read this thread with much interest. I used to have a 1.4 Corsa D SXi, although it wasnt a VXR it was similiar in many ways. The corsa 'felt' better made; the doors were heavier, the interior was nicer, everything felt more germanic actually! However, as soon as you start driving, the corsa feels like a far far less solid car. The skinny steering wheel feels horrible in comparison. The clutch, as mentioned, is incredibly light. The dashboard is FAR too big. The driving position isn't as good. It actually just feels too big, and very 'soft' in comparison. Although I assume that is partially due to the fact mine wasn't a VXR! As a funny little sidenote, a vauxhall dealer rang me up and told me I could have a test drive in a VXR, so I drove 20 miles there and when I got there he told me that he brought me down to 'persuade me to buy the car today'. When I said I couldn't do that he told me that I couldn't have a test drive! Absolute joke!

That's terrible customer service!!! I've been out in a 370Z when the dealership knew full well I had no intention of buying it... I just asked if I could have a go to see what all the fuss was about and they arranged to have one ready for me the next day. I suppose they were looking at it that maybe a test drive would convince me to buy one.

If you're ever at a show and get to sit in an original AC Cobra or a Ferrari F40 then jump in and have a cheeky prod of the clutch. It's like trying to leg press Vanessa Feltz in those things, although the F40 is slightly lighter.

A sign of impending greatness, the heavy clutch. :smile:

a sign of poorly designed clutch system or worn clutch assembly...

anyway back on topic!

think the vxr corsa looks good in black as it tends to hide all the added on useless vents and scoops...

2 vents on the front bumper, and two on the rear bumper?

Scoops? Where are these scoops?

The Clio has vents on the wings that does absolutely nothing.

I hold my hands up to that one then.

Always thought they did nothing with no holes in the **** guards or anything.

My mistake.

2 vents on the front bumper, and two on the rear bumper?

Scoops? Where are these scoops?

The Clio has vents on the wings that does absolutely nothing.

theres those pretend ones on the rear bumper and those at the side of the front number plate...

as i said looks better in balck as it doesnt show them up as much

Those front ones direct to the brakes, and the rear ones are supposed to help air escape from the rear bumper

they dont go anywhere, they are blanked off inside. Not sure what the fuss is though lol, the corsa is angled and agressive. the bumper would look plan without these. The clio is smooth and squat, they would look out of place on the clio

7009015407_4c1424784a_z.jpg
burg by randomgary, on Flickr

6565968111_d56d401328_z.jpg
IMG_3006 by randomgary, on Flickr

a sign of poorly designed clutch system or worn clutch assembly...

anyway back on topic!

think the vxr corsa looks good in black as it tends to hide all the added on useless vents and scoops...
I thought the same one engineering team chose a light pressure plate and the other chose a heavy one, Must be a reason behind it but I'm no R&D guru.

Incorrect. Warm air vents out from the engine bay. :smile:
They do a great job of heating up my garage after using the car :smiley: No need for heaters in there...

theres those pretend ones on the rear bumper and those at the side of the front number plate...

as i said looks better in balck as it doesnt show them up as much
On the Corsa they aren't pretend vents, there not blocked. Not quite sure if they serve a purpose but they diffidently aren't blocked.

Those front ones direct to the brakes, and the rear ones are supposed to help air escape from the rear bumper

what about those either side of the front number plate?

are the rear bumper vents there to stop the rear bumper flapping about at high speed...

what about those either side of the front number plate?

are the rear bumper vents there to stop the rear bumper flapping about at high speed...

they arnt made to look like vents, i believe they are there for pedestrian safety. Not sure how they function but ive seen it mentioned a number of times

its a standard corsa with lsd, suspension and brakes. Thats what it needs to compete with the clio as it doesn't in standard form

I hold my hands up to that one then.

Always thought they did nothing with no holes in the **** guards or anything.

My mistake.

Next time you're out in the morning or evening when it's cool-ish, if you pop you hand out down in the direction of the vent as you're going along you should be able to feel it. :smile:

I'm going to give this a go and probably look quite strange lol