Crunching in Suspension

Leeg320

Gold Member
I have my car going in again to Renault on Friday but just wanted some thought from you guys on the forum to see what you think may be the issue.

200t 6.5k on the clock

each time I go over a speed bump/hump at slow or moderate sped there seems to be a crunching sound on landing and it seems to be coming from drivers side. I'm guessing it the suspension. At first I though it may be the cold weather but I'm no doubting it.

any ideas out there? It's disappointing to say the least that I have to waste more time with this thing in the garage

I get the same, only when it's cold though, say under 5 degrees.

Been meaning to take it to Renault for a while I just can't be bothered.

Any ideas what it could be? I can't really be arsed to take it in neither as they are useless in Leeds

Same down here mate, they will probably give it back and say their not sure like they usually do...

I think it's the dampers but not sure why they would be making the noise.

So Renault say that my anti roll bar bush needs replacing. So I'll have to arse around getting it to them again in a weeks time

Inner anti roll bar bushes splitting seems to be a common enough issue on the Clio 4. We have replaced quite a few sets recently.

Thanks for you reply chaps. Eddie- are they likely to replace the set on the front axle or just the damaged one? Seems crazy all this money spent on a car for the issues I've had already.

They replaced the pair. Good as new!

How long did it take and have for ect?

I dropped mine off this morning, am literally on hold now trying to see if they have found the problem.

They are also trying to find the issue of extreme wind noise when doing anything over 50mph.

Good to hear they replaced both, no real sense in just doing one but you never know!lol

The book time for the pair of inner anti roll bar bushes is something around ~3hours (subframe out job).

shouldnt take too long to diagnose though.

I got it back over the weekend to save using the girlfriends cars and it's going back in this morning and hopefully be ready tonight, it is the bushes and they reckon it's around a 5 hour job... I'm not fussed how long it takes as long as it's done.

They also 'modified' the front fenders as they were the causing the wind noise... Now I can do 95 before any wind noise..... :smile: