Custom Clio 197 front bumper

I like it, I think I prefer the original, but your one looks pretty good too. Your car looks good too, what seats are they?

It might look better with projector headlights :thumbsup:

Fair play for trying something different.

Standard of work looks amazing but it looks a bit soft in my eyes. Saying that, i cant say i could come up with a design id be happy with. Looks good though. Nice to see an alternative! Will certainly make people look twice!

Thanks for all the comments. Hearing that some people really like it, really makes the project seem worthwhile…so thank you

Fernandez: would love to start making and selling them.. But I have spent so much time on it, have to move on and try something else…

It’s really sad, coz it’s the one thing most people get into transportation design for (Seeing there design being driven about by others)..

Robo_#1/deadmau5: yeah might do.. Looks good on the render I did before modelling… but was thinking that on the standard bumper ya have the intake grills following the lines on the projector headlight. But on my custom bumper doesn’t have those lines anymore.. might get a pair one day coz the standard bumper looks amazing with..

Cost me a small fortune this, so need to save up and then there are more pressing thinks to get first. Anyone know if it is acceptable to have brake ducts throw fog light cups for MOT? Or is it just blanks or lights allowed??

Marshall: cheers, yeah gets a few people giving the thumbs up at traffic signals (mind you it’s not the leggy blonde or cute brunette that are the ones interested…)

My first idea was to build a splitter, but decided would be better for my portfolio to have something bigger. But as I just mentioned to Fernandez it took me so much time… Maybe one day.. Might look into modifying a Jase splitter, so that it accommodates a Kevlar under tray and longer splitter.

Quite like this, but as already said it really needs projectors to finish it off in my eyes.Carry on with the black/silver theme.

Some cars have no front fog lights so I'm guessing you can do whatever you like on the front as long as there are no sharp edges

Looks good that, I can really see the top half inspiration coming from the PH 1 Clio 172 and the blade is obviously from the 200. So good work on that. Have to say though, reminds me of the mk 3 Laguna!

Top work on it as a project though. I'm undecided if I prefer it or not to the original.

The clio 197 front bumper is such a nice shape to start with, its hard to better perfection :tongue_smilie:

This is a very true statement but massive kudos for the work and effort that's gone into this - I don't think it looks too bad so well done.

You have something unique too which no-one else has so that's pretty cool.

Oh, and lovely photos. :thumbup1:

Thanks all,

Nutnutwelshman: cheers, sadly I don’t have a Megane to play with.. :worried: plus the Megane’s are nice looking cars much like the clio 197 and 200, but ya never know might hope the fence to forced induction one day in the future.

RS197: cheers, wheels are Oz ultraleggera 17’s with a ET55, really made a difference as I had spacers on before that. Tyres are Goodyear Eagle F1’s have lasted about a year and half and there are still loads of tread, mind you prob haven’t been using them to full potential. Outstanding in wet.
Yokohama AD08's coming after these get worn down.. :smile:

Jcs: cheers, Been speaking with the guys at Revolution 247 and ordered myself 2 sets of brake ducting for the fogs on my original and the custom.. So bye bye fogs lights.

Here are some pictures of the car from the rear, plus some other stuff that I got on the car (or should I say, not have in the car)…

IMG_0992_zps88a66525.jpg

IMG_0980_zpsabd35d78.jpg

IMG_0977_zpsaf413c3d.jpg

IMG_0982_zpsb4a62417.jpg

IMG_0975_zps25bc475e.jpg

IMG_0973_zps3c278a54.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent work mate and i actually think it looks quality so big thumbs up from me, nice spot for the photos too good to see my piece has finally been painted over.