Golf gti 30th edition

I think standard against standard I would fancy the Clio over the golf on track.

And agree that the RS3- BMW M135i is a massive part of it, on road I think the gap would be larger again in favour of the RS3 as it is so exploitable in all conditions where as in the BMW you will be forced to rein it in or fall off the road.

Was lucky enough to spend a lot of time demonstrating Exige S and Elise SC cars on track to potential customers.

The most amazing part was how capable the Exige was in the wet even with the sticky tyres. [Great chassis]

But I always preferred to drive my Caterham on track [Not as quick as the S] but more adjustable and fun. The Exige has to be pushed so hard to let go but isn’t very usable past the limits were as the Caterham loved to be sliding about on the brakes into and out of corners.

All about how they make you feel.............................

It seems some are impressed by numbers only...something the Clio is never going to win. However the Clio's ace card is the way it drives and how it makes you feel when you push it. I dont think there is any reasonably priced Audi or VW that comes close to that - they are too clinical, too...german?

Sorry if i ruffled any feathers. I am sure once you have dropped the megane engine in, it will be able to keep with the Golf round a track.

Iv had a f1 r27 and now in an ed30 stage 1 dsg and I'd never touch a Renault again yes the r27 handling and brakes standard are awsome but that's all it's got going for it, was on my 4th Renault all plagued with problems soon to have big brakes coilovers tbe and fuel pump new intercooler and ill be running 360 od Bhp with ease even my standard ed30 on stage 1 is night and day on my r27 IMHO and get 35 mpg on a daily commute can u ? :wink:

Iv had a f1 r27 and now in an ed30 stage 1 dsg and I'd never touch a Renault again yes the r27 handling and brakes standard are awsome but that's all it's got going for it, was on my 4th Renault all plagued with problems soon to have big brakes coilovers tbe and fuel pump new intercooler and ill be running 360 od Bhp with ease even my standard ed30 on stage 1 is night and day on my r27 IMHO and get 35 mpg on a daily commute can u ? :wink:

35mpg? Might as well get diesel if you're worried about mpg.

It sounds it's more that the Golf suits how you use your car or what you want out of one than anything, some people just want to go fast in a straight line.

So then the big question is..... How much does all this cost? Car plus the staged mods can't be cheap.

It's a good point although I didn’t buy the Clio to worry about MPG, in normal use i am seeing 23/24mpg [City use] and the golf is easily 30+ and over 45mpg on a run. This does make a difference.

How does the Clio use so much petrol even when driven in city at normal 30-40mph traffic?

Like I said the Clio has more to it than figures on a page and is a true hot hatch, the Golf is a great car but fun factor isn’t far off driving a GTD golf as both are very effective weapons but not too involving as they just get the job done with German efficiency.

You drive the Clio.

It's a good point although I didn’t buy the Clio to worry about MPG, in normal use i am seeing 23/24mpg [City use] and the golf is easily 30+ and over 45mpg on a run. This does make a difference.

How does the Clio use so much petrol even when driven in city at normal 30-40mph traffic?

Like I said the Clio has more to it than figures on a page and is a true hot hatch, the Golf is a great car but fun factor isn’t far off driving a GTD golf as both are very effective weapons but not too involving as they just get the job done with German efficiency.

You drive the Clio.

one has a jerman mpg computer keeping you happy and making you think the jerman car is very efficient....the other is french and isnt bothered about mpg figures...

theres one big factor here!

the golf isnt in the same class as the clio....so to compare the two the clio is doing a far better job then some may think :shout:

polo = clio = fiesta = ibiza = fabia etc

golf = megane = focus = astra = a3 etc

Why do people buy a car which we know is not great on fuel and get upset about it.We buy them because it make's us Smile so sod the fuel just drive IT.

Similar Thread Suggestions