Golf gti 30th edition

Someone bought the sales pitch hook line and sinker.

Ah the good old dyno discussion, how glad I am to see this one rattling along...

Personal opinion, but if a company is ever going to over-egg results, it will be on their development car, what company is going to advertise their package as 350bhp when a 10% "error margin" allows them to call it 385 (or 315) depending on how pessimistic you are :wink:

We all know how reliable rollers are :s

Dyno lottery mate...... get that on a decent Dyno Dynamics RR and it will be 350 or less.

No such thing as a decent chassis dyno'.

There's good operators and ropey operators. You can make any rolling road produce pretty much whatever figure you want if you know what buttons to press. My 197 ran 130BHP and 224BHP on the same rollers on the same day and in the end we were pretty much picking numbers out of a hat and seeing if we could make it say x amount.

I'd have thought the REVO would want to know themselves without reasonable doubt, what figure their car and map was producing. Otherwise how would they know if it was safe and also how could they market something without knowing what it did. They're not exactly a small company and they'd look a bit daft if they got Oscar's car to x BHP but nobody else could get anywhere near it with the same mods and software...

A range of 14BHP like Oscar had on different rollers over a spread of time is pretty reliable I'd say, or as reliable as you could really get allowing for differing settings on the different rollers etc..

Exactly! The revo maps are flash maps, but the flash map was developed on my car, that's why I think I got slightly better results than the norm. However they have since tweaked the maps and people seem to be getting even more!

See you Saturday Will x

Indeed you will mate, don't be bloody graffiti-ing my poor Nicole this time hahaha!!! :smiley:

Also... Pipes are on their way now as far as I know. :wink:

Blonde moment! Ha! Well I'm there all day on sat, so see you then!! Be nice to see how your engine works out - being a worlds first! :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions