How can I find/Get in touch?

Hi guys,

Went for a test drive yesterday in a FQ-400
Loved it and want it! but here's the thing!

The owner crashed it, insurance told him it was CAT B and written off, so he got a 35K payout!
But the car was repaired and put up for auction at BCA and bought by a dealership in Halifax as a Cat D!

I've got the Reg, the Old owners Name, and town he lives in, but he phoned the dealership when they posted it on autotrader very angry as he was told it was written off! and he has all the document log book etc from the car! and all I want is a photo of the damage etc? can you help? haha

But how can I get in contact with him? is there anyway?

odd the reg brings up no results usually it will be picked up when its for sale. i hoping he would have been on a forum and post a pic of his miss hap.

can you not find his contact details via the electoral register? or phonebook?

iirc you can sell a car without a v5 but dvla has to be informed of the change in ownership so it matter not he has the logbook provided the dvla has it registered to you. you then apply of the V5. i think

The moment the car is paid out by insurance it no longer becomes his property and becomes that of the insurance company.

Last edited by a moderator:
odd the reg brings up no results usually it will be picked up when its for sale. i hoping he would have been on a forum and post a pic of his miss hap.

can you not find his contact details via the electoral register? or phonebook?

iirc you can sell a car without a v5 but dvla has to be informed of the change in ownership so it matter not he has the logbook provided the dvla has it registered to you. you then apply of the V5. i think

Awaiting user activation on the Mit lancer register, but there's so many forums and had a look but nothing yet!

and what's the electronic register?

Long shot but could facebook his name and refine the search by the town/area. If into his cars then good chance it will be as a cover photo or have pics posted up of it?

I wouldn't be worried so much as to what it looks like as much as who put it back together.

Will sign up now mate! :smile:

Phoned Mitsubishi and they told me the dealership that sold it, phoned them up and said yet didn't say due to data protection that the name I've been given and place is correct,

But the guy lives in Gilford yet bought it in Derby, and didn't have it serviced anywhere in Gilford?

This the the original owner who crashed it!

£23,000 for a car that could potentially be not fit for the road??

I wouldn't even attempt to buy that car, the 400 is awesome, which one are we talking? 9 or 10?

I'd much rather buy a mint 9 360 than a rough 400.