Key locked inside

I had this happen to me when I was at the gym, key was in gym bag, opened the car put bag inside but then stood talkin to my mate for bout 5mins, then all I heard was the locks go! Cudnt do a thing to get into it....has to get my mate to drive me back to my house to get the spare key n luckily that opened it.

Still baffled to this day as to why it did it!

Well, RAC man was sucessful!

Luckily when I locked the car I only pressed the button once so deadlocks were not enabled. Managed to pump the top of the door out with an inflatable bag and reach inside to pull the door handle with a big rod. Very happy that there are no broken windows, top marks for Mr RAC man.

He did say that if he was unsucceful a locksmith would be able to open the lock on the passenger side door. Expect to pay ~£150 though

Very lucky they got in easy enough, but that shouldn't happen surely? Must be a circumstance that Renault never thought could happen! I try to never take the card out my pocket.

Yeah I thght it cudnt happen on these lol strange. I'll consider myself warned

I think its just that one scenario the designers didn't think of! If your alarm goes off always open the door rather than reaching through the window!

I always park my car in the garage which is fairly narrow so if I can just reach through the window to turn off the alarm etc it's easier than opening the door and squeezing through

Really glad you have this sorted I honestly didn't think it was possible to lock the key inside though. I have left my key in the gym bag in the boot before and when I tried to lock the car it just didn't, same story when it has fallen out of my pocket on to the seat.

I suppose there may be a different system if it is in the slot though, very strange but glad it is OK. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to break the window no matter how much I had to get into the car lol!