knocking Rear when at idle?

Noticed a knocking/popping sound from the rear of the car whilst at idle. Comes every 15-20 seconds or so.

Is this the hatch lock (does this happen when not moving?) or is it likely to be exhaust or something else sinister?

Help appreciated as always,

CZ

Wouldn't be the boot if the car isn't moving

I find mine pops a little from the exhaust when stationary - noticed the other day when i was behind it unlocking the garage to put it away - wondered what it was at first :smile:

I'm also getting a knocking sound when changing gear, not all the time but frequent

Sounds like its coming from under the rear?!? Exhaust maybe? Any help would be appreciated

I get a knocking from the rear on some gear changes at low revs. It's my exhaust popping. Do you have a standard exhaust?

I get a knocking from the rear on some gear changes at low revs. It's my exhaust popping. Do you have a standard exhaust?

Sounds more like the exhaust knocking than popping, plus it does it more when cold and not everytime I change gear.

I have the exhaust where you can't really see the tailpipes

Right,

This is definitely the exhaust. If anything it is getting worse. See videos from last night.

[YOUTUBE]RlbBQdTqnsI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7S1ydzlTSQA[/YOUTUBE]

Any ideas?

Last edited:
To me that sounds totally normal, it is just a little bit of popping from the exhaust.

Mine does the exact same thing, it is not something banging off anything or making contact, just the exhaust spitting a bit :smile: