L.e.d plate lights?

I bought my bulbs from Amazon (as they were only £20 a pair compared to £40 elsewhere) so not sure if carbonfanatics can supply them. I went for Philips x-tream vision but it was a real toss up between them and Osram Night Breakers and on first impressions they are a good bit better than standard. They are also 100% legal so no worries there.

These are the ones I bought: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00440CWCG/?tag=clio197-21

Last edited:
I bought my bulbs from Amazon (as they were only £20 a pair compared to £40 elsewhere) so not sure if carbonfanatics can supply them. I went for Philips x-tream vision but it was a real toss up between them and Osram Night Breakers and on first impressions they are a good bit better than standard. They are also 100% legal so no worries there.

These are the ones I bought: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00440CWCG/?tag=clio197-21

cheers paddy,do these look much better on a night then,i.e. do they have more of a modern look like you see on most decent new cars?

also are these the only bulbs i'd need to transform the headlights mate,i have silvervision indicator bulbs but i'm guessing i'd need some side light bulbs as well? if so can side light bulbs be changed without removing the front bumper,thanks for all your help matey

The silver vision indicator bulbs are a doddle to fit. Simply twist the easily accessible holder and it slides out with the bulb. Swap bulb and twist back in. Took me all of 2 mins to do both sides.

The light from the Philips bulbs is slightly whiter than from the standard bulbs so it does have that more modern look. Not quite xenon but getting there. As for the side light bulbs I haven't changed them (yet) but they are beside the main (full) beam bulb so should be fairly easily to access without bumper removal. The driver side definitely looks much easier than the passenger side though. I have been looking at LED side lights which emit a pure white light but I'm not sure how much glare they produce compared to a normal bulb and how legal they are. They have a selection on autobulbs direct site but I'm still undecided (though I have their 5 SMD bulbs as my numberplate bulbs). If I do fit them I'll add to my guide for headlight bulbs.

The silver vision indicator bulbs are a doddle to fit. Simply twist the easily accessible holder and it slides out with the bulb. Swap bulb and twist back in. Took me all of 2 mins to do both sides.

The light from the Philips bulbs is slightly whiter than from the standard bulbs so it does have that more modern look. Not quite xenon but getting there. As for the side light bulbs I haven't changed them (yet) but they are beside the main (full) beam bulb so should be fairly easily to access without bumper removal. The driver side definitely looks much easier than the passenger side though. I have been looking at LED side lights which emit a pure white light but I'm not sure how much glare they produce compared to a normal bulb and how legal they are. They have a selection on autobulbs direct site but I'm still undecided (though I have their 5 SMD bulbs as my numberplate bulbs). If I do fit them I'll add to my guide for headlight bulbs.

ok mate thanks alot

Just bumping this thread as I'm getting the numberplate "501 LED" bulbs and also I'd like more of a blue headlight bulb for a more modern look. Any ideas which headlight bulb to buy for a 'ice/blue' colour.

I've got the Osram Nightbreakers at home, but I don't think they're blue?

I've just bought similar ones too, same color etc. I'm going to use them in the numberplate lights and interior lights

Update on this.

Just fitted mine, litteraly took 3 minutes to change both numberplate bulbs, boot light & interior light. Going to order more and do the door ones as you open the door they come on

So exactly what do I do to avoid fusing whilst fitting these in place of my reg number plate bulbs please?
Ta for any advice, also how does the light housing release from the rear bumper.

So exactly what do I do to avoid fusing whilst fitting these in place of my reg number plate bulbs please?
Ta for any advice, also how does the light housing release from the rear bumper.

They just won't light up if they're in the wrong way, you just switch them round. Re the light housing, just use a small screwdriver and lever the case out carefully. There's then a clip or a few on the actual case to get the clear cover off. The power connector pulls off by pressing the clip (iirc) and the bulb just pulls out. If you can't get the bulb out, use a small screwdriver to lever the bulb out (make sure the lights are either off or disconnected though other you will fuse it) :-D