My New Motor

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Been and picked up our MPS today. Bit of a pain at the dealers because the card machine took my payment, then didn't give the dealer any confirmation that I had paid! All of a sudden it was looking bad. But I called my bank who had a word with the salesman and they let me take the car. Hopefully it will have gone through now, but they are going to ring up their financial department on Monday and confirm the payment has gone in. It's showing as leaving my account.

Anyway, drove the car home and very impressed. It tells you when there is a car in your blind spot! The sat nav is good, the lights (xenon) come on automatically and it feels very good. But the power is immense. So fast. So smooth. Sounds great.

Pics:

DSCF2835.jpg

DSCF2837.jpg

DSCF2838.jpg

DSCF2839.jpg

Spoiler

DSCF2840.jpg

Small animals and children be very cautious.

DSCF2841.jpg

Clio will be missed very much, but the MPS feels much more grown up and like a 'proper' car.

Thanks for looking.

They do look like a nice car. I like Mazda car design, some of it looks very organic.

Does the bonnet scoop actually feed into anything?

I think this is the Intercooler?

DSCF2842.jpg

A small creature has already fell victim to the scooooooooooooppp!

DSCF2843.jpg

DSCF2844.jpg

That's looks really nice Arran, you'll have to give a full comparison once you've had chance to.give it a good thrape.

Very nice indeed you will have to drive like a grown up now lol
Enjoy mate

very nice, love the look. I heard they suffer from wild torque steer, can you confirm this? Love the bonnet scoop and intercooler on top like the Impreza.

Haven't found torque steer an issue yet. It's got an lsd, electronic aids and is restricted in 1st & 2nd gear to prevent any mishaps. Will have to see what it's like when the going gets twisty! Lol!

Good buy Arran, looks well smart.

The blindspot thing is a cool little gadget, bit of thought gone into that. :smile:

Very nice mate! I nearly got one just before I bought the Golf. You can get some right bargains on these! Which dealer did you get it from?

Thanks for all the positive comments people. Got the car from Ringways Mazda in Doncaster. Recommend them, very down to earth.

That's a fair old travel for you mate from wolves! I still really rate these though, the only tng I'm not keen on is the wheels, some JDM looking wheels would set it off a treat :smile:

I really like the wheels, I think it's because they are a simple design and don't stick out too much. Although they are a step away from the lovely multi spokes on the Clio, the kind of wheels I really like normally.

Great buy Arran mate, a real weapon. Mate of mine takes his round the ring quite often, have to dig out one of his videos.

Love the sleeper looks and the front nostril.

The only thing I'm not so keen on is the rims also. I think it's the white/silver combo that never looks right.

Ahem......
fac284ad.jpg
....you know you want to :wink: