New Clio 200t order... not overly impressed

You could buy my 200T that I am selling. Available immediately!

Genuinely very tempting (thanks)... but really want one on a PCP (so that's either new, or 2nd hand from a franchised dealer I believe).

PS. Plus I've paid a deposit, which I suspect will be non refundable.

Last edited:
Managed to get an Email complaint to RUK finally last night. Though had to be sneaky, as if you try to raise a complaint on their WEB site, it sends you to..... "page not found". Suppose it stops people complaining. Snuck it in as a general car enquiry.

Good show from RUK that they tried to phone me on my mobile this afternoon. But unluckily by the time I had stopped (driving) the call had ended and I was not phoning them back on a PAYG. Needless to say that when I got home and tried to phone from a landline, the guy was busy. At least they appeared to have tried. TBC

Last edited:
Managed to get an Email complaint to RUK finally last night. Though had to be sneaky, as if you try to raise a complaint on their WEB site, it sends you to..... "page not found". Suppose it stops people complaining. Snuck it in as a general car enquiry.

Good show from RUK that they tried to phone me on my mobile this afternoon. But unluckily by the time I had stopped (driving) the call had ended and I was not phoning them back on a PAYG. Needless to say that when I got home and tried to phone from a landline, the guy was busy. At least they appeared to have tried. TBC

Wait till you get the customer service manager ringing you up every week to check you haven't topped yourself yet. i'm losing the will to live talking to Renault. Call the dealership and you go through a call centre which never puts you through to who you want to speak to. tried like yourself to complain on the website and for the dreaded '404' and to top it off the sales rep gave me a personal number to contact him direct, turns out the numbers out of service....

Well... got a call from the RUK Customer Service Rep this afternoon (Adrian) and while he was very sympathetic, he didn't appear too surprised that my delivery date had suddenly ballooned from 3 months to six months +.

Though when I mentioned that someone else had commented that they had been told "gearbox issues" was holding the cars back, he said that as far as he was concerned, there were no issues showing on his system and that they were usually the first one to hear about any issues. He appeared to think it just because the factory was very busy. If they are, then I can only assume that this is for left hand drive cars sold on the continent (where I believe they are pretty popular), as they certainly don't sell in great numbers in the UK (according to RUK's owns sales figures, less than 600 cars sold to date in the UK).

He does appear to have chased up Arnold Clark, for what good it will do (I suspect zero here). And tried to find if there was any cars in stock, cancelled orders erc. but no luck so far. He said that he will phone me back in a weeks time. So TBC

Stuck between a rock and a hard place here. As I suspect that if I cancel my order, that I will loose my deposit and if I try for another new car... this crap just starts all over again.

Only option would be to look for an X-demo, or something like that. Just means a number of several hundred mile round trips to sort something out then. Also stuck with then taking it to my local dealer, should there God forbid be any problems, or for servicing etc.

Pretty bloody annoyed TBTH. As now means I will have to tax current car and if it goes past (God forbid) the end of December, also get my current car serviced. Both things I was hoping to avoid by buying a car early.

Mutter, mutter, mutter.

PS. Lewj.. the following phone number definitely works. Though depending on when you phone, you might have a bit of a wait (though both times I've phoned, I got pretty much straight through).

0344 335 0000

Last edited:
my car was out of complete luck, walked into the dealership to check em out and they had a cancelled order in the showroom. it had everything apart from reversing cameras but small price to pay for a 3 month wait. Thanks for the number! if i don't hear anything today then I'm organising a meeting with the manager of derby renault to discuss how violent this process has made me haha.

What's the latest? Have they given you another date?

Nope... order delivery still stands at 18-31st December (I'm assuming 2014 here!) as far as I know.

Still waiting for the RUK rep to phone me back again "after another week"... in fact I seem to remember he said that he would phone on the following Monday (that was yeterday by the way). No need to say that I have not heard a word from them!

I shall give them until tomorrow lunchtime, then I shall chase RUK up again. Then depending on how that goes, I shall phone the garage up (Arnold Clark, Dumfries branch) and ask for a meeting with the head sales guy and the manager... to discuss the issue and depending on the outcome of this, I may cancel my order. Don't want to ... but I'm starting to get the impression that no one really knows what's going on and I also have no trust that the car will even be delivered within the current stated time scale. What I don't want to do, is get to the middle of December and it then gets put back even further.

Got to be totally honest, all this nonsense is starting to sour the fun of buying a new car.

Plus if it gets to December, my current car is due a service and sod that for a game of chickens.

Working for Nissan, delivery dates daily jump from 2 months, to one month, to 2 weeks to 2 months back to 2 weeks. I wouldn't worry too much, it'll probably come forward!! But don't take it out on the dealer, it's as frustrating for them as it is for you. :smile:

Working for Nissan, delivery dates daily jump from 2 months, to one month, to 2 weeks to 2 months back to 2 weeks. I wouldn't worry too much, it'll probably come forward!! But don't take it out on the dealer, it's as frustrating for them as it is for you. :smile:

Fair comment.

I suppose it is easy to loose perspective in situations like this.

It's more the total lack of communication from the dealer that gets me annoyed more than anything. Got to be honest, if I had not been in and rattled their cage the other week, exactly "when" would they have contacted me to let me know what was going on.

The communication does seem to be all over the place, I've spoken to my dealer the other day and he's assured me that everything's fine with mine and still on track for the end of this month. Don't mean to rub salt in there, have you got anything special on yours? Mines the cup chassis and lux but apart from that it's standard. I do know my salesman personally so I do trust him when he says he's unaware of any hold ups. Hope it gets sorted quick for you.

The communication does seem to be all over the place, I've spoken to my dealer the other day and he's assured me that everything's fine with mine and still on track for the end of this month. Don't mean to rub salt in there, have you got anything special on yours? Mines the cup chassis and lux but apart from that it's standard. I do know my salesman personally so I do trust him when he says he's unaware of any hold ups. Hope it gets sorted quick for you.

Nope... totally stock car (IE. standard suspension). Lux in Flame red and only option added was the reversing camera.

PS. Garner ... do you know the exact date that you ordered your new car???

Last edited:
No sorry mate, it was around the back end of July though.

Sounds like you are one lucky man... I ordered mine on the 16th June... Makes me wonder even more "what's going on".

Be interested to see if yours does actually pitch up by the end of October. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I'm not getting my hopes up...they'll be trouble if not because every 2 weeks he texts me and says it's all on track.

My registration came through in the post today Mike, so hopefully there is no hold up! I think you need to have serious words with your dealer.

My registration came through in the post today Mike, so hopefully there is no hold up! I think you need to have serious words with your dealer.

Glad to hear that your motor appears on target :thumbup1:

Could not be bothered last week to chase this up. After a while you sort of just get fed up with the whole thing.

But come Monday, I shall try and phone good old Adrian at RUK and depending on the outcome, phone the garage to get a meeting with the Sales Manager. Can't help but notice that Arnold Clark now have two 2nd hand RS Clio's up in Glasgow and one is red. I suspect both will come with cup suspension... think at a pinch I'd be OK with that. TBC....

The thing that gets my goat all the way along, is the feeling that while I'm only one order among many, that no one else seems to give a damn :glare:

PS. Also starting to wish that I had gone up North to Park's to see about a car (as was my original intention).

Just had a closer look at the two cars up in Glasgow that Arnold clark have. The white one was reg. 2 Sept last year but I can't see what the reg. no. on the red one is. If I don't end up buying new, the I don't want anything much over a year old. So on the principle of "forearmed" I've sent off an internet request for more details (and hopefully a video). Lets see what they come up with.