New member / potential 200 buyer

Hi guys, newbie here. I've been driving a boring Saab 9-3 diesel for the last couple of years due to mega high milage I was doing for work. Now I work from home drive a fraction of the amount I used to, so I think it's time I get rid of the Saab and get the Clio I always wanted! :smile:

I'll probably sell the Saab and get a Clio 200 cup. I'll use it on the road and also on track days.

Other option (less likely but tempted...) is to keep the Saab, get a proper track prepped 172 / 182 and tow it (or insure per weekend if that doesn't work out too expensive? Have no idea...) to the track.

First option seems more sensible but I'm quite indecisive I must say. Anyway, hello everyone! :smile:

Welcome along!!! :smile:

Depends how much track time you want to do, if you want to do lots then buy a full kitted and stripped 182 and tow it, if your like most others with just the occasional track day go with the 200 as they are decent daily drivers..

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with the search for the right car!

A 200 would cover a lot of bases and, with a little bit of fettling, would be very well suited for a lot of track work and still retain proper road use.

Trailering a track car to the circuit is very cool though :sunglasses:

welcome and as above..a 197/200 cup will do exactly what you want from it..most of us on here do it..use it as our daily and occasional track day..they are built for this so shouldnt be a big problem..just make sure you buy one with decent history...

good luck with your seach

Welcome! I say sell the Saab and get a 200 cup for both road and track use, they're a lot of fun even just daily driving!

200 works fine as a daily here...

Welcome to the club Watson and good luck finding your dream Clio.

Yeah I'm with the consensus of the above... the 200 is a decent daily and awesome on track. Have fun finding one and welcome to the forum

I use my 200 on a daily basis and odd track days, there excellent all rounder.
I may be selling mine in a month or two if yours interested as a mate will be selling his track toy so may grab that! All the essentials are done too!

Many thanks for the warm welcome and comments. I am no exactly sure how much tracking I'll be doing. I used to be a regular track goer (at least once a month) in my early to mid 20's before I moved to the UK. I haven't been on a track for 7 years due to other commitments and now I want to go back to it.

Agree a 200 would do good both on track and daily and would save me the hassle of storing and maintaining two cars. The Saab on the other hand is so bloody comfortable and economical on long drives and seems bullet-proof, it'll be hard to give away for pennies. One can't have it all I guess! :smile:

Mrill: Sounds good mate. I need another month or two to sort out everything before I go on with the purchase so let's chat in a month or so! :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
M New Members 7