Next Gen Clio... Speculate Away!

Paul

Platinum Member
Right then people!

I have a theory... There is legislation coming into place to enforce daytime running lights (DRL's) by the end of 2011/start of 2012 which have to be fitted to all new cars. The Megane has been redesigned to accomdate this new law. The 200 wasn't. Given that it is 12 months away and the 200 is essentially a facelift 197 I don't believe that Renault will be doing another facelift of the same car especially not so soon after the 200. Even if that was a new blade with lights embedded in it. This leads me to think that the new Clio will be coming in about 12 months.

So what do we want to see on it in terms of specification and performance!?

Personally I want a naturally aspirated engine with at least 210bhp as standard (and not the 'we say it has 197PS but it is actually a few less'), a bit more torque low down so that you can relax when you want.
I would like the Recaros to stay but probably in leather to avoid any wear problems.
It needs to have the aggressive styling that we all love, as long as it doesn't look chavvy it will be great!
Compulsory RS monitor with loads of options and toys (Nissan GTR style)
Xenons (for Woody :wink:)

Over to you!

DRL's could easily be incorporated into the front blade as they are in the Megane 250.

i hope these day time running lights get a lot better looking, i think they look awful on every car i've seen them on

I agree with everything F1team wants apart from the Recaro's i would prefer the lower side bolster just like the dare i say it.. C**sa V*R's..

They might just make it so you can't turn the sidelights off? Is that still legal? would be so much easier than redesigning the whole front end. I know LEDs use less power, so just make then sidelights with LEDs instead! Lol! In Denmark all the cars have to have full lights on, and you can't switch them off.

The EU emissions idiots will send this motor to the grave, I fear - the rules are getting tighter all the time and this must be right on the limit.

It'll be small displacement F/I.

Wonder what the swan-song 200 will be?

The EU emissions idiots will send this motor to the grave, I fear - the rules are getting tighter all the time and this must be right on the limit.

It'll be small displacement F/I.

Wonder what the swan-song 200 will be?

The F4R already complies with the new regulations so it'll stay NA...yey :lol: !

I cant wait to see what the swan-song 200 will be. If they'd only build another V6 :worried:

A v6 200! Now that would be good! I think the next Clio RS will have to be a turbo to be competitive in terms of fuel economy and running costs. Would be interesting to see what they would do to make it appeal to hardcore n/a fans!

They might just make it so you can't turn the sidelights off? Is that still legal? would be so much easier than redesigning the whole front end. I know LEDs use less power, so just make then sidelights with LEDs instead! Lol! In Denmark all the cars have to have full lights on, and you can't switch them off.

This is what I've been wondering, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do this

This is what they'll do for the last cars.

As for next gen. I have it on good authority the guy who designed the next Clio is a massive RS fan and that he's taken the flagship model into consideration on the styling front. And for the same reason I think they'll keep the n/a engine dialled up a touch

As mentioned, these cars have been sold in markets with compulsory DRL's for some time, so this isn't really an issue, merely a tweak of the general electronic module.

A v6 200! Now that would be good! I think the next Clio RS will have to be a turbo to be competitive in terms of fuel economy and running costs. Would be interesting to see what they would do to make it appeal to hardcore n/a fans!

Like this:drool:
renaultclio.gif

Similar Thread Suggestions