Next Gen Clio... Speculate Away!

....great vid that....makes total sense to use this engine.....will miss the high reving though........what we gonna see as the last gasp 200......maybe a cheeky Red Bull edition taking the R26R concept.....I can see it now. Same RedBull blue, with very subtle Red Bull decals...carbon bonnet, buckets.. roll cage etc etc???

Good little vid that Si. I would have to see the N/A engine disappear though. It would be nice to have a tunable motor for a change - I know its not on the cards but I would prefer a supercharger over a turbo.

I would probably be a buyer for a RBR Edition, especially if it was a stripped out rocket.

check out the zoe concept, it is said to be 90% of the production model, and the zoe is going to be an electric clio basically, so the new shape clio is already known, only front headlights and a bumper will probably differ on a production car and the taillights,

Renault_ZOE_8.jpg

2010-Renault-Zoe-Preview-587x440.jpg

2010-Renault-Zoe-Preview8-587x391.jpg

2010-Renault-Zoe-Preview4-587x391.jpg

2010-Renault-Zoe-Preview7-587x391.jpg

someone could photoshop it with some 197 or a 200 parts to see what it might look like :smile:

Great vid, TBH I wouldn't mind a forced induction car next anyway, I'm not much of a "modifier" but easy power gains would definitely temp me!

wonder if they can with that engine -

1 stretch it to 2.0lts
2 dump the turbo
3 change the crank/bottom end

if they keep the rest of the technology - twin variable cams and the direct injection should be good for an extra 10-15hp over the fr4 so 218hp from 2.0......:innocent:

Direct injection is so much better than indirect injection, won't be long before it's on most petrol engines. Been on diesels for years now

Get the lump revving to 10,000rpm and sort out the necessary reliability and Im sold lol! S2000 engine anyone???

1.6 turbo end of story

if wrc cars are going 1.6 then renault should be too, could even get a works clio in the wrc in the future

My last 2 cars were turbo cars which i perfer, Simple remap and get 40bhp easily, I bought a ctr brand new and sold it after 7 month as i was sick of having 3bhp untill 6000rpm, The 197 vvt engine is better than the v-tec imo and is more fun to drive,

I read an article from a RenaultSport guy saying that there will be no new Clio until the end of 2012 at the earliest. He also said they plan on keeping it NA, but they need to look carefully at emissions.

I personally think they'll bail on NA and go 1.6 turbo like the Cooper because of this... I mean the JCW (factory version) is book at 214bhp or so, but rolling roads at about 220bhp using an uprated turbo, stronger pistons and direct injection. It can also be safely remapped to over 260bhp! The book combined figure is about 45mpg!

I took one for a test drive where I was hooning it around country roads testing the limiter (with the sales guy) and down a dual carriage way... cruised 1/4 of the way and it returned 31.9mpg!

If only the back seats and boot were bigger!

Rich

Similar Thread Suggestions