Pav's Albi Blue 197T

haha love this feeling..you want her back but you have to wait 1 more day..enjoying it really :lol:
im good..its been pissing down since 4 o'clock so wouldnt be able to test her as much anyway..
and yes he did..its a new one who i've been recommended by my mechanic..so so far so good..not sure how much he will charge me but said it shouldnt be more than £200...

not sure where to begin really..feel a bit speechless now..3 years ago i played with an idea of getting a new(ish) car..always had an eye on the Renault RS brand..
3 years have passed and my car looks a bit different..never thought i'd join this site,never thought i would modify it any any way and here we are..
to me owning this kind of car is about making friends,going to meets-trips and generally having a good time (till something breaks) :ban:..
anyway,the car has had a busy week..MOT,oil change,Bilstein B14 kit fitted and the RST visit today..eventhough,there were some problems with the ABS sensor,all is fitted and works 100%..

I will have to drive it for a bit longer to review the B14 kit objectively..first impressions are positive though..a bit bouncy but sticks to the tarmac like nothing I have experienced before...just wish for some smooth roads in Manchester :lol:

the RST in Leeds welcomed me at 9:30 this morning ..Paul is a very experienced guy plus he is very pleasant..the workshop is not too big but very friendly...and the cars look great too and if you get bored watching Paul working his magic,you can always play with a black dog that is making sure all is good :rofl:
by 10:15 he was all done and took me for a drive to explain what he did to my car..(dont ask me what he was saying to me cause dont remember)..was a bit too excited!!
i will have to take it for a spin later on cause the motorway driving was just boring,and I could not tell much of a difference as I was doing 50mph due to traffic..
on paper it looks promising though...

ok here are some pics and a short video..

P_20160521_091937_p.jpg
P_20160521_091949_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_092348_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_092356_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_093318_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_093331_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_093431_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_093439_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_094416_1_p.jpg
e775c7a6-2fe5-41cd-bdba-4f250d83f6fd.jpg

67014cd2-db75-43fe-b76b-5c34bfa8397e.jpg
P_20160521_122423_p.jpg
P_20160521_122434_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_122442_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_122510_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_122536_1_p.jpg
P_20160521_122642_1_p.jpg

and a short video:
RST 21.5.16

and as always
thanks for watching

Thats a really great result buddy......:jase2:

Remind us what engine / exhaust / airbox mods etc you have ?

The car looks awesome on the coilovers now Pav! [emoji7] funny how a small drop in ride height make such a difference to the way a car looks! 195 is a healthy output for a 197 mate! Very happy for you! [emoji2] you've made me super excited for my RST visit now!
just took the words out of my mouth Luke..a few mm and it looks much better..can go a bit lower but im happy with the ride so far..you have a reason to be excited tbh..your car will make it over the 200 mark for sure...looking forward to it..just a heads up,Paul did ask me if my manifold was standard or upgraded..not sure why but he did...
thanks a lot for your kind words
Thats a really great result buddy......:jase2:

Remind us what engine / exhaust / airbox mods etc you have ?
thank you for your comment mate..glad it went smooth and the car feels better now..NO flat spot anymore..!!!
no modifications to the engine apart from an ITG panel filter..ktr cat back and no middle silencer..still have both cats..ohh and the sprint booster..not sure whether that affects it at all..

Great write up Pav and really pleased to hear it all went smoothly and you are happy with it mate :smile: the car looks fantastic on the B14s, great stance it's got now! Always looked the business though :wink: Shame the weather and the roads mean you can't give it a proper test drive, but there will be plenty of chance for that next month :wink:

thanks Jimmy..just a shame we couldnt grab a cup of tea and have a chat...im pretty sure i'll have to keep up with you 2 next month..:lol:

thanks Jimmy..just a shame we couldnt grab a cup of tea and have a chat...im pretty sure i'll have to keep up with you 2 next month..:lol:

Well with you two having B14s and me in my boggo Cup spec R27 it might be me having to play catch up :lol:

Yeah shame about today dude, work was a pig...bloody weather too :rain:

just took the words out of my mouth Luke..a few mm and it looks much better..can go a bit lower but im happy with the ride so far..you have a reason to be excited tbh..your car will make it over the 200 mark for sure...looking forward to it..just a heads up,Paul did ask me if my manifold was standard or upgraded..not sure why but he did...
thanks a lot for your kind words

thank you for your comment mate..glad it went smooth and the car feels better now..NO flat spot anymore..!!!
no modifications to the engine apart from an ITG panel filter..ktr cat back and no middle silencer..still have both cats..ohh and the sprint booster..not sure whether that affects it at all..

Fantastic to hear no flat spot anymore. Did you mention / was anything talked about the Clio "cold start" issues, with kangarooing / hiccups etc ?

I'd willingly give up some hp - for some decent fuelling. And for more torque TBH for real-World driving. And i'll be telling my mapper that too. With all due respect: with the cold start issues, flat spot and the odd surge - the 200 is the worst fuelling car i've owned. If i can get 190hp for example and get rid of the niggles i'll be more than happy.

Your session seemed extremely quick also. Were you expecting that ? How much was the session if you dont mind me asking...........

well im certainly looking forward to having a drag race at some point on our travels in 2 weeks time...any luck getting an aftermarket exhaust yet Jimmy??

Last edited:
well im certainly looking forward to having a drag race at some point on our travels in 2 weeks time...any luck getting an aftermarket exhaust yet Jimmy??

Could get messy :smiley: no luck yet mate, still on the lookout for one. As you said, sometimes a little patience can pay dividends, the right one may pop up at some point :wink:

Fantastic to hear no flat spot anymore. Did you mention / was anything talked about the Clio "cold start" issues, with kangarooing / hiccups etc ?

I'd willingly give up some hp - for some decent fuelling. And for more torque TBH for real-World driving. And i'll be telling my mapper that too. With all due respect: with the cold start issues, flat spot and the odd surge - the 200 is the worst fuelling car i've owned. If i can get 190hp for example and get rid of the niggles i'll be more than happy.

Your session seemed extremely quick also. Were you expecting that ? How much was the session if you dont mind me asking...........

yeah he mentioned fuelling at one point,I just remembered..didnt ask him about the cold start issue tbh..dont think it will improve in any way but will report later...
i was a bit surprised myself but if you think about it,if everything goes well,there is no need for a long session..thats my opinion..
well i paid a £50 deposit on the phone and paid another £184 today with a £100 discount as it was a part of the group buy on the turborenault forum..

There was talk of a "cold map" on the ECU. You'd presume starting afresh possibly eradicated this (?) . So will be interesting to see if yours is better / same / worse in cold weather.

Trouble is - with the days warming it might be 6 months until we know !!!!! lol

So £234 was the cost ?

Sounds like it's all coming together nicely! She looks spot on with the b14s :smile:
thanks Chris..hope she performs well too when its needed..i didnt text ya cause was done really early and headed back home..think i may have seen you around half 11 on the m62..was it you??

how did it go with you??all ok??

Trouble is - with the days warming it might be 6 months until we know !!!!! lol

So £234 was the cost ?
yeah thats it..£234 in total..
interestingly,my car was pretty bad in the winter and summer too..the best temperature is about 8-15 degrees..